| || |
Re: s4 won't charge?!?!??'?@;"*×(-
Do not hard reset before you try this:
1. Remove battery
2. Place battery in refrigerator and leave it there till it cold to the touch.
3. Reinsert battery and close case FIRMLY.
4. Lay the phone flat on its back on a hard flat surface (like a counter top) and the Press HARD and straight down.
5. Place on charger and pray.
6. If a warning message comes up about inserting the charging cable firmly and in place or that the back should be fully snapped (especially below the flash) leave the charger connected and repeat step 4 until you hear it do its beep beep telling you its charging.
7. Keep in mind this will probably only work a short time. So shut down all unnecessary apps and functions. Then get your tail down to your service provider and tell them to fix it.
FYI... I am in the same boat. My S4 Active is only 4 mo old. I did a hard reset and it didn't do anything but screw my data. It all seems to be about, at least for mine, The Case vs. Heat vs. Current battery level when placed on a charger. For some reason it charged fine once it finally sat for 5 hrs to get it to 60%. After that I drove to work, put it on my charger and it worked fine. Then after using my phone and the battery dropped to <50% I couldn't get it to charge again. So I surmise the lower the existing charge the harder to give it a charge. As for the heat issue... the refer trick work enough to start her up again but now my s4 active is currently at 19% and wrapped in ice packs so I can get a charge on it. Plus I have to do the step 4 trick repeatedly.... I'm starting to actually miss my iPhone. I'm getting a Google Nexus. Anyone want to buy a Samsung S4 Active? LOL.
You can bet AT&T and/or Samsung will be feeling my wrath tomorrow.