1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default s4 won't charge?!?!??'?@;"*(-

Hi,

my s4 is about 7 months old. And it wouldn't charge. I was out and my battery went flat (0%) so I came home and charge it. After 30 mins, I on it but the battery is at 0%. & I have no idea how I can on my phone with 0%

I tried restarting 5 times but it doesn't work. Sooooooooo frustrated!!!!

anyone knows what I can do? is there somthing wrong with my battery?

Default Re: s4 won't charge?!?!??'?@;"*(-

Quote Originally Posted by arghhhh View Post
    Hi,

my s4 is about 7 months old. And it wouldn't charge. I was out and my battery went flat (0%) so I came home and charge it. After 30 mins, I on it but the battery is at 0%. & I have no idea how I can on my phone with 0%

I tried restarting 5 times but it doesn't work. Sooooooooo frustrated!!!!

anyone knows what I can do? is there somthing wrong with my battery?
    Does the indicator show it's charging but the battery % doesn't increase?
    Samsung Galaxy S4 (Verizon - SCH-I545) - Android 4.3

Quote Originally Posted by STSVA View Post
    Does the indicator show it's charging but the battery % doesn't increase?
    Mines is having that problem STSVA I even took it in to have the Charging port replaced and they charged it up and now it's doing it all over again. I have it in the charger right now and it indicates it's charging when the battery is still going down. What is the fix for this problem> If you know please tell me soon. I have S4 ATT

Quote Originally Posted by IdontSLEEP View Post
    Mines is having that problem STSVA I even took it in to have the Charging port replaced and they charged it up and now it's doing it all over again. I have it in the charger right now and it indicates it's charging when the battery is still going down. What is the fix for this problem> If you know please tell me soon. I have S4 ATT
    My best guess is that you need a new battery, but that's just a guess.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using AC Forums mobile app
    Samsung Galaxy S4 (Verizon - SCH-I545) - Android 4.3

Do not hard reset before you try this:
    1. Remove battery
    2. Place battery in refrigerator and leave it there till it cold to the touch.
    3. Reinsert battery and close case FIRMLY.
    4. Lay the phone flat on its back on a hard flat surface (like a counter top) and the Press HARD and straight down.
    5. Place on charger and pray.
    6. If a warning message comes up about inserting the charging cable firmly and in place or that the back should be fully snapped (especially below the flash) leave the charger connected and repeat step 4 until you hear it do its beep beep telling you its charging.
    7. Keep in mind this will probably only work a short time. So shut down all unnecessary apps and functions. Then get your tail down to your service provider and tell them to fix it.

FYI... I am in the same boat. My S4 Active is only 4 mo old. I did a hard reset and it didn't do anything but screw my data. It all seems to be about, at least for mine, The Case vs. Heat vs. Current battery level when placed on a charger. For some reason it charged fine once it finally sat for 5 hrs to get it to 60%. After that I drove to work, put it on my charger and it worked fine. Then after using my phone and the battery dropped to <50% I couldn't get it to charge again. So I surmise the lower the existing charge the harder to give it a charge. As for the heat issue... the refer trick work enough to start her up again but now my s4 active is currently at 19% and wrapped in ice packs so I can get a charge on it. Plus I have to do the step 4 trick repeatedly.... I'm starting to actually miss my iPhone. I'm getting a Google Nexus. Anyone want to buy a Samsung S4 Active? LOL.

You can bet AT&T and/or Samsung will be feeling my wrath tomorrow.

Exact same thing has happned with my s4... did urs start working.. can you guide me through the solution..
    Last edited by Anurag Sharma5; 03-11-2014 at 09:31 AM.

I have the same issue with my s4 active among many other issues. Ive given this whole android thing a valiant effort but I can honestly say now I know why apple is the king of smart phones. Samsung and Android with all its flash don't compare IMHO.

Im going back to the iPhone.