Galaxy S4 - Sending Failed on E-mail

Paul_Wright

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
First off, first time posting a thread - hope I am in the right place
A few weeks ago, I had issues with two (2) emails that I was sending out and they failed. I went in to the outbox folder and deleted those e-mails. Now anytime that I reboot my phone I get a message that says Sending failed on both e-mails but no where to be found.
I have removed that e-mail address from the GS4, rebooted, and put the e-mail address back on but I am still getting that error message when I reboot. Anyone have an idea on how to fix ?

Matt_Zenick

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
First off, first time posting a thread - hope I am in the right place
A few weeks ago, I had issues with two (2) emails that I was sending out and they failed. I went in to the outbox folder and deleted those e-mails. Now anytime that I reboot my phone I get a message that says Sending failed on both e-mails but no where to be found.
I have removed that e-mail address from the GS4, rebooted, and put the e-mail address back on but I am still getting that error message when I reboot. Anyone have an idea on how to fix ?

Try uninstalling the updates then update it in google play

jrosso

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
I have the exact same issue. I had the problem before and it remained after last weeks update, not sure what that has to do with it. Did you have this same problem and uninstalling and updating worked for you?

Eddy l2

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
Having the same issue. The failed email pops up everytime I reboot my phone. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the exchange acct. Still having the same issue. Nothing in my outbox or drafts is shown.

I tried to contact IT server side...no luck on any fix

Any help is welcomed. Thanks!

Paul_Wright

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
The trouble isn't with the exchange account itself, but with an e-mail that failed to send (either finally sent or was deleted from the outbox) and now when the phone reboots, you get the error message.

It's not a app where I can go and uninstall updates and re-install - it is the stock e-mail that came with the phone.

- - - Updated - - -

There isn't an option for that - it's stock email

David Kendall1

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
i have the same problem. I was abroad having problems sending mail from the phone, so redid the emails from webmail and then deleted them from the outbox on the phone. now everytime I turn the phone on I get sending failed messages. how do I clear them? nothing in my outbox now.

Martin Herrera

Jan 15, 2014
Visit site
i solved this issue by removing the exchange account from the phone and then going into Options-->more-->Application Manager-->All (at the top of the screen)-->email and clicking "Clear Data" and "clear cache" if it's an option. This will WIPE OUT ALL EMAIL ACCOUNTS configured on the phone so you will have to set them up again. But at least it fixes the issue. Also noticed my battery was draining really fast since this started happening. hopefully this will help with that as well

deniseg2

Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
I now have two gmail messages with sending failed when I reboot my phone. I removed the email account. Cleared the cache then re-booted the phone. The messages still arrived. Anyone else have a suggestion?

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Did anyone ever get a satisfactory answer to this? I've had 2 Exchange emails from last year that keep showing up as "sending failed" on every restart. Like other's postings, there is nothing in my Outbox, either on the phone or in my actual Exchange account. I really don't want to uninstall and re-install Exchange, much less my other email accounts, if I can at all avoid it, especially if that doesn't fix the problem anyway. Thanks.

Jennifer Stout

May 1, 2014
Visit site
I had to uninstall my gmail update as well as delete all of my email accounts and re enter them. I kept restarting my phone during each process to make sure I eliminated each problem out one by one. I started with the gmail update and when I restarted I still received the same message. Then i uninstalled my email accounts and when I rebooted it was no longer there. a little bit of a pain but now I know for future reference. I have the galaxy s5 but i cant imagine it would be that much different from the s4

Dan_droid

May 15, 2014
Visit site
Not sure this is relevant, but with all the references to gmail I thought I'd mention this: I first set up a verizon.net email account (on my Galaxy S5), and because the outgoing settings were not correct at first, the first two emails I tried to send failed. Now I'm having the same problem others are reporting: every time I start the phone I get notifications about those two failed messages (and there's nothing in my Out box).

Shelley Persad

May 26, 2014
Visit site
I had the same problem. Here`s how it was solved. Take your wi-fi off and the message will send. You may have to edit the message and then re-send. It will go if your wi-fi is turned off. Hope that helps.

rbakels

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site
Occasionally, the mail is still in the outbox when this message is issued ("verzending mislukt", in Dutch), but (as many users indicate), typically there is nothing (visible) anymore in any outbox. I get messages now for mails I tried to send half a year ago. Will this continue until I buy my next phone?

I wonder where the mailer stores its files. But even if I switch "hidden files" on, I can't find them. Perhaps there is some "queue" file that can be deleted. How would the mailer otherwise know to resend these phantom mails??

Scooter-Tooter

Jun 4, 2014
Visit site
Good morning everyone. :)

I was sending and receiving emails fine from my GS4 and now I can't send emails.
I get error email sending failed. I'm probably not receiving emails either.
The last five emails I sent immediately failed sending notifications, and
the outbox still has 2 of the emails in it. I don't know what to do. :)

Also I have error messages that sending failed and there is no email to send.

I can't send any emails from my phone now. :'(

Steven Douthwaite

Jun 21, 2014
Visit site
I had exact same problem on GS3 with a Microsoft Exchange account in the built in email app. Fixed (at least it appears to be!) by turning the auto resend setting down to 'none' from 10 times I think it was defaulted to. Go through Settings/Accounts/Microsoft Exchange activesync/settings/click on account name/more settings/auto resend times/none. Worked for me.

u170who

May 14, 2011
Visit site
In case anyone's wondering...

I had this problem.
1. Changing the number of tries did NOT work.
2. Removing the account, then going into APPLICATIONS, find the EMAIL app, then clear defaults WORKED.

Thanks everyone! It was bugging me for some time.