Placing an icon on the home page for auto answer

Loren Barrett

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site
My wife has the galaxy S2. She has an icon on her home page for the auto answer function to turn it on or off. she has no idea how she did it.
How do I create this on my S4?
Getting to it through settings takes 4 steps.
I have found no way to add settings icons to the home page.

EviI

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
Do you mean settings shortcuts? You can go to widgets, and then add one to one of your home screens called 'Settings shortcut'. Once you place it on the home screen, you can choose which shortcut you want.

Loren Barrett

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site
Sorry do not understand the answer. How do you add a widget? "go to widgets, and then add one to one of your home screens called 'Settings shortcut'."
sorry but this does not make sense. Need more detail. Thanks

Dave-in-Decatur

Feb 4, 2012
Visit site
The icon on your wife's phone is probably a widget, sort of a mini-app on a home screen that does one simple thing or links to a larger app. I'm not sure the S4 actually has this specific widget available.

But what YouTube is saying is this: Start from the Home screen. In the lower right corner is the Apps button. Tap that, then on the next screen tap Widgets at the top. This will give a long (maybe very long) list of available widgets. Scroll that list to the right until you see an icon for Settings Shortcut, a blue gear. Tap and hold that. You'll see a kind of outline of your Home screen, and when you do, release the hold. Then comes a list of available settings that can be added as widgets on your Home screen. The list on my phone is fairly limited, though, and I don't see one for Auto answer, or for phone functions in general. However, your list might be different. If you see what you want, tap that, and the corresponding widget will be added to your Home screen.

Loren Barrett

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site
Thanks. Actually I had the Settings shortcut but did not recognize it. It's called Samsung Hub & I clicked the Samsung Apps link but among the hundreds of apps the link to internal settings is not there. But I was able to find a lot of other useful stuff. Thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781