Music is skipping

Edible Walrus

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
Random songs are just stuttering, both in the stock player and Rocket Player. All my music is on an SD Card. This never happened until 4.3 dropped and I got some 3rd party players

Edit: Now I think about it, my Galaxy Tab did this too passing of internal memory. Starting to think it's Samsung at fault or Android

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited:

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Random songs are just stuttering, both in the stock player and Rocket Player. All my music is on an SD Card. This never happened until 4.3 dropped and I got some 3rd party players

Edit: Now I think about it, my Galaxy Tab did this too passing of internal memory. Starting to think it's Samsung at fault or Android

I am thinking it's the the SD card.

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
It's the SanDisk Ultra Class 10 64GB

Yup and that doesn't mean they can't be corrupted ;) This article should be able to help you with EXACTLY what you are experiencing :) Good luck, but I don't think you will need it, from what I understand SanDisk is FANTASTIC for their warranty. Lifetime AND they have a known issue, so it's gonna be cake! But I bet that is the issue :)

SanDisk says it produced some bad 32GB and 64GB microSD cards

Edible Walrus

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
Yup and that doesn't mean they can't be corrupted ;) This article should be able to help you with EXACTLY what you are experiencing :) Good luck, but I don't think you will need it, from what I understand SanDisk is FANTASTIC for their warranty. Lifetime AND they have a known issue, so it's gonna be cake! But I bet that is the issue :)

SanDisk says it produced some bad 32GB and 64GB microSD cards

It seems like data corruption going on cause I had a song that suddenly wouldn't play. Reloaded it and then had another sing that's started skipping. Think I had another where the SD card caused the phone to think it was modded (I think the card was the cause)

EDIT: but why has nothing else on it suffered corruption?

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
It seems like data corruption going on cause I had a song that suddenly wouldn't play. Reloaded it and then had another sing that's started skipping. Think I had another where the SD card caused the phone to think it was modded (I think the card was the cause)

EDIT: but why has nothing else on it suffered corruption?

No idea, I wish I had a better answer for you. All I can say is, whether it's the exact issue in that article or not. I still think it's the card, and I would contact SanDisk as they will give you a new one no questons asked, as they do have lifetime warranty. At least do that, see if it solves the problem, if it does not solve it, move on to the next possibility. At least you will weed one out by doing the above.

cellomj

Nov 12, 2011
Visit site
Do you happen to be using SwiftKey while this is happening? I was having an issue on my Nexus 4 where the play music app, on device or streaming, would skip like crazy if I was typing and listening to music at the same time. Switched back to stock keyboard and it solved the problem.
Just did the recent update to SwiftKey, so I'll see if that solved the problem.

Hope your issue is a simple fix like mine was.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using AC Forums mobile app

Edible Walrus

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
Do you happen to be using SwiftKey while this is happening? I was having an issue on my Nexus 4 where the play music app, on device or streaming, would skip like crazy if I was typing and listening to music at the same time. Switched back to stock keyboard and it solved the problem.
Just did the recent update to SwiftKey, so I'll see if that solved the problem.

Hope your issue is a simple fix like mine was.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using AC Forums mobile app

Can't say I've noticed it happening lately. Maybe it's stopped. And I use Google Keyboard

psp1232171

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Hi, I had some music skipping and I heard about Neutron Music player app and changed everything. It will play any format and has the best sound quality. Best of luck to you.

G Sandhu

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
TURN OFF ADAPT SOUND
I had the same problem with my S4, music was skipping, slowing down, and popping.
After 2 factory restores and countless calls to Samsung I finally tried to turn off adapt sound and it works now. No popping and crashing.

NOTE: HAPPENS AFTER 4.3 INSTALL

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae