Samsung Galaxy S4 - Possible water particle inside camera

Kapos

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site
Hello peeps, yesterday i accidentally placed my S4 in a wet table, a little while after, i grabbed my phone and realized the speaker had lost around 60% of the volume and sounded distorted. I fixed the speaker issue just by making the phone vibrate for a while and it recovered its original loudness and quality but then i realized there was a little something inside the camera's glass which its annoying when taking pictures with a high amount of light, i suspect it somehow its water that got in magically. Now the real deal is: How the hell can i get rid of it? I doubt rice will fix it although i haven't tried it.

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Hello peeps, yesterday i accidentally placed my S4 in a wet table, a little while after, i grabbed my phone and realized the speaker had lost around 60% of the volume and sounded distorted. I fixed the speaker issue just by making the phone vibrate for a while and it recovered its original loudness and quality but then i realized there was a little something inside the camera's glass which its annoying when taking pictures with a high amount of light, i suspect it somehow its water that got in magically. Now the real deal is: How the hell can i get rid of it? I doubt rice will fix it although i haven't tried it.

If it's still actually WET inside, then rice yes would be the first suggestions. If it was a wet spot that dried on the inside of the lens, then you'd have to take it apart. Which I would not suggest. You may want to take it to a Samsung dealer?
That must have been one really wet table

ab304945

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
If it is just inside the lens which it probably is. Just look up a gs4 disassembly video. And just take off the back off the phone and you should be able to clean up the lens, make sure to just use a microfiber cloth.

Posted via Android Central App

Kapos

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site
If it's still actually WET inside, then rice yes would be the first suggestions. If it was a wet spot that dried on the inside of the lens, then you'd have to take it apart. Which I would not suggest. You may want to take it to a Samsung dealer?
That must have been one really wet table
It does not seem to have dried because when i move the phone that little water dot moves accordingly, discard samsung dealers, here in Venezuela they're useless. Would rice work even with the glass in between?

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
It does not seem to have dried because when i move the phone that little water dot moves accordingly, discard samsung dealers, here in Venezuela they're useless. Would rice work even with the glass in between?

Rice would possibly work. But as ab304945 above, especially now since you said Samsung is useless there, if you aren't afraid of voiding your warranty, then I would do what ab304945 said and find yourself a disassembly video and clean it up yourself :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2