Warranty Return / Question on Root

Parafly9

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys, i have a Verizon S4. It's still running VRUAMDK. I have rooted it and done a decent number of mods (changing color on the drop down, removing notifications, getting Google Wallet working, etc, installing the xposed patch to prevent popups from asking for system update, etc.

However, I have a legit warranty issue, in that my screen is like delaminating from the body of the phone in the top right corner. So, I'm planning on returning the phone to stock lock + unroot and returning it at the VZW store. However, I expect a replacement phone will have the newer versions of the S4 software that prevented rooting, right? Or at least preventing the unlock bootloader? I don't really care about unlocked bootloader (I'm just using touchwiz with nova prime over it) but I do want to be able to root and reapply all mysettings on a new phone. I haven't been on the forums in a while so I"m not sure on what has transpired in S4 land as I had my phone basically the way i wanted it. Anything I need to know before I move ahead with this?

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I've not read of anyone having trouble rooting the S4. I'm pretty certain you'll be just fine and the folks here will help you.

Matt_Zenick

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys, i have a Verizon S4. It's still running VRUAMDK. I have rooted it and done a decent number of mods (changing color on the drop down, removing notifications, getting Google Wallet working, etc, installing the xposed patch to prevent popups from asking for system update, etc.

However, I have a legit warranty issue, in that my screen is like delaminating from the body of the phone in the top right corner. So, I'm planning on returning the phone to stock lock + unroot and returning it at the VZW store. However, I expect a replacement phone will have the newer versions of the S4 software that prevented rooting, right? Or at least preventing the unlock bootloader? I don't really care about unlocked bootloader (I'm just using touchwiz with nova prime over it) but I do want to be able to root and reapply all mysettings on a new phone. I haven't been on the forums in a while so I"m not sure on what has transpired in S4 land as I had my phone basically the way i wanted it. Anything I need to know before I move ahead with this?

It should be the same just like you first got it because they won't open all the phones just to apply an update just so they can repackage them all.

Chief G-Hawk

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
Actually it depends on when the phone was manufactured and when the update came out. Of course when I got my Blue S4 from best buy on the 14th of Nov. it came with 4.2.2, where as my white s4 that I got in sept. 6 came with the version that allowed you to root (prior MF3, since I have the AT&T model). So there may be a slight chance that you may get a replacement with the latest update installed, but I will say that with a grain of salt.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38