New MK2 update for Galaxy S4 on Sprint

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
This morning I woke up to a notification of a new update for my GS4. I'm not sure what's new since I'm at work and haven't been able to check it.

I hope it fixes problems that many people are experiencing.
1387214316044.jpg
1387214335257.jpg

Sent From Inside The TARDIS in a Galaxy S4 Away!

eslimm

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
I got it a couple weeks ago I didn't have the Google services battery drain any longer but now I'm having other battery drain issues with Samsung watch on and a lot of app crashing

Sent from my SPH-L720 using AC Forums mobile app

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm in Austin and I have not gotten that update i'm still MJA version.

Sorry to hear that.
So far the only thing I've noticed is that I don't have the problem where my Galaxy S4 would not connect automatically to known Wi-Fi networks.

Sent From My Galaxy Tab 3

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
I got it a couple weeks ago I didn't have the Google services battery drain any longer but now I'm having other battery drain issues with Samsung watch on and a lot of app crashing

Sent from my SPH-L720 using AC Forums mobile app

Dang!
I only had one problem and it seems to be fixed now.

Sent From My Galaxy Tab 3

boxer66

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Im having issues drpping in and out of 4g, using my phone as hotspot, and even making phone calls sometimes. That's on top of the issues im now having with some apps. My phone used to be flawless and now its a pain in my neck....samsung FIX IT!

Posted via Android Central App

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Im having issues drpping in and out of 4g, using my phone as hotspot, and even making phone calls sometimes. That's on top of the issues im now having with some apps. My phone used to be flawless and now its a pain in my neck....samsung FIX IT!

Posted via Android Central App

Wow, that sucks!
Did you get this new update?

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Ok now I'm upset! This darn update messed up the roaming on my phone.

Now if you go to Settings, More networks, Roaming, Roaming network, you'll see it's set to Home only.
If you swith to automatic it'll revert to home only after a little while!
:eek::confused::mad::mad::mad:

Gelst

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
I would really love that Wifi fix, it is driving me bonkers. At least I work in an area that has good 4g during the day so it's not that big of a deal, but dang I need my wifi back..

I'll keep an eye out for the update and hope that it comes soon, I also agree the phone went downhill big time after this last update.

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
I would really love that Wifi fix, it is driving me bonkers. At least I work in an area that has good 4g during the day so it's not that big of a deal, but dang I need my wifi back..

I'll keep an eye out for the update and hope that it comes soon, I also agree the phone went downhill big time after this last update.

Since you still have the MJA version. Could you check the roaming and verify it was working on that version?

Gelst

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
As far as I can tell my roaming works, I live in Austin so there is pretty much coverage everywhere. I went into roaming settings changed them up a bit but I did not notice any changes.

Since you still have the MJA version. Could you check the roaming and verify it was working on that version?

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
As far as I can tell my roaming works, I live in Austin so there is pretty much coverage everywhere. I went into roaming settings changed them up a bit but I did not notice any changes.

So if you do the following👇

Now if you go to Settings, More networks, Roaming, Roaming network,
Is yours on automatic?
If not, set it to automatic and check later today if it stays there.

With the new update it'll revert to home only! 😡😠

Gelst

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
I just got the MJA version this morning. It appears that my wifi problems have been fixed. I am now able to watch youtube while on wifi, woo hoo ! Christmas came early lol

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
I just got the MJA version this morning. It appears that my wifi problems have been fixed. I am now able to watch youtube while on wifi, woo hoo ! Christmas came early lol

I thought you already had it?! :what::confused:

Or you meant the MK2 update? :what:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy