Default apps reset and notifications start happening after reboot

bcumings

Mar 5, 2012
Visit site
I'm wondering if this is just a "feature", or if I have an issue that I can fix with a setting someplace. The issue is that whenever I reboot my phone my default app selections and the apps I've turned notifications off for are cleared.

Say I turn off notifications for a game so it doesn't wake me up in the middle of the night, I reboot and I get notifications in the middle of the night again.

Another example would be setting Dolphin Browser as my default browser when I open a link in my email. Once I reboot, my email app asks me to select which browser I want to use. This happens in any situation where I have a choice of which app to use.

What's the point of setting a default if I have to set it every time I turn the phone on. I thought this was a "smart" phone?

Am I missing something?

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I'm wondering if this is just a "feature", or if I have an issue that I can fix with a setting someplace. The issue is that whenever I reboot my phone my default app selections and the apps I've turned notifications off for are cleared.

Say I turn off notifications for a game so it doesn't wake me up in the middle of the night, I reboot and I get notifications in the middle of the night again.

Another example would be setting Dolphin Browser as my default browser when I open a link in my email. Once I reboot, my email app asks me to select which browser I want to use. This happens in any situation where I have a choice of which app to use.

What's the point of setting a default if I have to set it every time I turn the phone on. I thought this was a "smart" phone?

Am I missing something?

This is highly unusual. Those things should stick after a reboot. I am curious if you cleared cache in recovery and then went through your settings again if they will stick. http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...ing-into-recovery-mode-galaxy-s2-s3-tab2.html

bcumings

Mar 5, 2012
Visit site
Ok. Well, I'm trying to get into recovery mode. It's not working. I see a message saying "recovery booting". I release the buttons, and I get my normal boot up sequence.

bcumings

Mar 5, 2012
Visit site
Ok, I got it into recovery. I cleared the cache. That didn't fix the issue. I guess I just deal with it.

Oryian

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
Here's the solution that worked for me. When 4.3 came out the first thing i did was place all my apps on the SD card which was great for freeing up space on the phone. Unfort. all app notification settings reset upon reboot as you described which was super frustrating. Specifically i'm talking about the app notification check box you see in every app when in android settings. I took 2 games in particular that kept waking me up at night with notifications and moved them back to phone storage which fixed the problem. Did 2 reboots in a row and it worked perfectly. Boxes are still unchecked :)

Hope this helps.

Double44

Dec 27, 2013
Visit site
Oryian, thanks buddy. The problem is just like you said, related to certain apps being on the SD instead of the device.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheOzarks