WHAT'S THIS: SamsungApps (Updates are available for 2 apps)

trd 4rnr

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
Each time I restart my phone I get the following Notification:

Updates.jpg

When I press on the Notification, nothing happens and it just goes to my home screen. Can anyone shed some light on this for me?

Thanks
-mk

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Samsung has their own app store, it's probably an update for WatchOn or something. Go to their app store and see if you can update it through their :)

Posted via Android Central App

Dave-in-Decatur

Feb 4, 2012
Visit site
I started getting that shortly after the notorious 4.3 update a couple of months ago. I'd tap the notification to do the Samsung update, and nothing would happen; and then a little later there would be that notification again. Annoying. I don't use any Samsung apps that I know of anyway. I went into Application manager and found the Samsung Updates app and turned it off. Haven't been bothered since.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
I started getting that shortly after the notorious 4.3 update a couple of months ago. I'd tap the notification to do the Samsung update, and nothing would happen; and then a little later there would be that notification again. Annoying. I don't use any Samsung apps that I know of anyway. I went into Application manager and found the Samsung Updates app and turned it off. Haven't been bothered since.

The Samsung apps are the ones that come pre-installed, (WatchOn, and I think My Magazine is one too)

Posted via Android Central App

Sudderth

May 29, 2013
Visit site
Here is what I just did. I don't know if it will work or not.
1. I had Samsung Hub hidden, so I first had to unhide it
2. I launched Samsung Hub
3. Select the Menu -> Settings -> About Services
4. There were several apps that needed to be updated (including the Samsung Hub), so I hit the Update button.
Now its time to wait and see.

kahebert

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the info! I've been trying to figure this out for weeks, because I'm tired of seeing the update notification. Your suggestion worked!

Merlin Coulter

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site
4. There were several apps that needed to be updated (including the Samsung Hub), so I hit the Update button.

Last edited:

juergen99

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site

I tried that and it says I was up to date, yet the notification said I had 3 apps that had updates available.

If you don't use any Samsung apps there may be a way to get rid of just the notification. If you long press the notification then hit App Info, it has an option "Turn off". I'm not sure if it works but I don't want to try it because I still want to get the notification. I just wish there was a quick way to tell which app needs the update.

UPDATE: On another forum someone suggested going to the Play Store. Amongst all of my apps that need updating, exactly 3 of them started with "Samsung". I should have thought of that :-!

dimm0k

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
funny thing for me is that for mine it said Samsung Hub and the WatchOn were the culprits looking for an update, except I removed Samsung Hub!

Hardcase

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
I get the same message. Today it said 3 apps needed updating. All apps in the Hub were up to date. I opened each Samsung app. Link and S Health prompted for updates. When I clicked on update, it takes me into the Samsung Hub. Interestingly, there is not option to show updates in the Hub. Yes, one can go through the settings to find the three apps listed there. When I select Purchased, there are no apps listed (I've not bought any through Samsung, nor would I when I have Google which is goes across all Android devices).

For the other apps, there is no check for update option in the settings. To me , it is a poor design to have a notification that goes nowhere when selected. In this day and age, one should not have to hunt for updates by going app by app. I still don't know what the third app is to be update.d

DrexelSpivey

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
After searching many forums for an answer, I finally figured out an easy way. Go to your browser and do a Google search for Samsung Apps. Click on the top search result - Samsung Apps - Samsung Apps | Samsung Content & Services. It will open up the Samsung Apps Mobile page and you can download the app by clicking the Download Samsung Apps button. This takes you to another page with the download link for phone or tablet. Once downloaded, you can open the app, press the left/menu key, click purchased, and then you will see the Updates tab. Listed will be the apps needing updated.

tmketch

Mar 22, 2014
Visit site
Works. Thank You Drexel Spivey for posting.

After searching many forums for an answer, I finally figured out an easy way. Go to your browser and do a Google search for Samsung Apps. Click on the top search result - Samsung Apps - . It will open up the Samsung Apps Mobile page and you can download the app by clicking the Download Samsung Apps button. This takes you to another page with the download link for phone or tablet. Once downloaded, you can open the app, press the left/menu key, click purchased, and then you will see the Updates tab. Listed will be the apps needing updated.

James Murphy2

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
I have been getting the same annoying notifications. It says a number of samsung apps have updates and yet just disappears on click. Its one of a number of bugs with this phone but I dont have great expectations anymore that updates actually fix more than they break...:mad:

for a few weeks now Bluetooth keeps disconnecting and reconnecting randomly and obnoxiously. Ill start a thread about it, but I am trying to figure out if its my earpiece or the GS4...