1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Transition Animation Scale / Camera App Bug

Hey, I have a question about something so niche and minute that I feel like a loser taking the time to post about it. I humbly request a few minutes of your time.

I have a Samsung Verizon Galaxy S4 running Android 4.3. I like to have all the screen transitions turned off to make using it a little snappier. (As in Settings>More>Developer options>Window animation scale, transition animation scale, and animator duration scale.)
    Transition Animation Scale / Camera App Bug-screenshot_2013-12-18-20-10-22.jpg

Transition animation scale periodically gets set back to 1x, so I repeatedly have to go back in and change it. Yesterday, I realized that it is caused by the default Camera app. Whenever I open and exit the camera app, the setting changes.

So, my questions are:
    Has anybody else experienced this and/or know of a solution?
    Can anybody recommend a straight-forward camera app alternative? I looked around the Play Store and they all seem to be designed for adding effects or some other shenanigans that I'm not interested in.

Default Re: Transition Animation Scale / Camera App Bug

Quote Originally Posted by granttrotter View Post
    Hey, I have a question about something so niche and minute that I feel like a loser taking the time to post about it. I humbly request a few minutes of your time.

I have a Samsung Verizon Galaxy S4 running Android 4.3. I like to have all the screen transitions turned off to make using it a little snappier. (As in Settings>More>Developer options>Window animation scale, transition animation scale, and animator duration scale.)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2013-12-18-20-10-22.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	184.6 KB 
ID:	97413

Transition animation scale periodically gets set back to 1x, so I repeatedly have to go back in and change it. Yesterday, I realized that it is caused by the default Camera app. Whenever I open and exit the camera app, the setting changes.

So, my questions are:
    Has anybody else experienced this and/or know of a solution?
    Can anybody recommend a straight-forward camera app alternative? I looked around the Play Store and they all seem to be designed for adding effects or some other shenanigans that I'm not interested in.
    I have similar issue, and think I've seen it mentioned in a few posts. I'm not aware of any fix. You could try the camera apps I currently have installed, "High Speed Camera" and "ProCapture - camera plus panorama". I just tried both apps and they didn't appear to affect the transition settings.
    Samsung Galaxy S4 (Verizon - SCH-I545) - Android 4.3

It's a bug since the 4.3 update. I don't believe there's a fix at this point.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Thanks for the information!