1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default S4 screen activates second for about 5 seconds

Hi,

This morning my S4 started to act up. When I press the power button to switch off the screen or if the screen display automatically switches off after 15 seconds, it 'wakes-up' the screen for about 5 seconds, then shutdowns down for about 1 second and repeats the process continuously. It does this when the screen is locked\unlocked but it's okay when I am actively using the phone but if I stop for a moment the cycle continues.

I have also noticed the top of the screen is very warm and most noticeable when making calls but I guess that might be expected with the screen being active for most of the time and of course life is being sucked out of the battery

I performed a hard reset but the problem still persists. Would you think this is a hardware issue and it needs to go to Doctor Samsung for a checkup?

Regards
    Last edited by RamblingIrishMan; 12-19-2013 at 07:03 AM. Reason: Extra information

Default Re: S4 screen activates second for about 5 seconds

Quote Originally Posted by RamblingIrishMan View Post
    Hi,

This morning my S4 started to act up. When I press the power button to switch off the screen or if the screen display automatically switches off after 15 seconds, it 'wakes-up' the screen for about 5 seconds, then shutdowns down for about 1 second and repeats the process continuously. It does this when the screen is locked\unlocked but it's okay when I am actively using the phone,

I performed a hard reset but the problem still persists. Would you think this is a hardware issue and it needs to go to Doctor Samsung for a checkup?

Regards
    Well, I don't have any idea about it go to the doctor
    Kelly Burby
    Senior Web Analyst