Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question Samsung GS4 charging help?

Hey guys, I was at lunch with some friends the other day when someone spilled their water on my phone. The water got into the charger socket of my phone, and when I went home that night to charge it, it refused to charge. Nothing on the screen changed when I put the charger in. Now I am on 2% battery life. I already tried restarting the phone but that didn't help. If there is a blow dryer trick or some rice trick to eliminate the liquid, I would love to hear it. Thanks

Default Re: Samsung GS4 charging help?

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Iudiciani View Post
    Hey guys, I was at lunch with some friends the other day when someone spilled their water on my phone. The water got into the charger socket of my phone, and when I went home that night to charge it, it refused to charge. Nothing on the screen changed when I put the charger in. Now I am on 2% battery life. I already tried restarting the phone but that didn't help. If there is a blow dryer trick or some rice trick to eliminate the liquid, I would love to hear it. Thanks
    Sounds like you already know the trick... NOT a blow dryer!!! Remove the battery, put it in a bag of dry, uncooked white rice for at least two days... shake the bag a couple times a day if possible. This should be done immediately after it gets wet. This is the best way I've ever heard of fixing a water issue... at this point I don't know if it will work, but I'd say it was your best bet.
    Current: Moto X (2014) Pure Edition, ASUS ZenWatch, Pebble Steel, Chromecast
    Retired Device (in order): HTC One (M8), Samsung Galaxy S4, Droid Razr Maxx, HTC Thunderbolt, HTC myTouch 4G, Blackberry's Bold, 8900 (Curve)

Jerry: "Love, Peace, and Chicken Grease!!!"