Galaxy S4 bricked (itself)....can i get to phone's memory storage??

addovox

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
Hi all,
Quick version: So, while i do have a new, working Galaxy S4 with many of my photos (SD card moved over), here's the question i have: Is it possible to access the bricked phone's MEMORY STORAGE, by ANY MEANS, even though it will not turn on?? It's a hardware issue, but I'm assuming most of the phone is fine, including the on-board memory. Can i access it? Is there a company that does this?

TL;DR version
My Galaxy S4 just recently bricked itself in the middle of a call---won't turn on, acknowledge a charge, etc. The only thing it'll do is show the grey battery icon if you plug it in...it won't hard reset, nothing. I did not root the phone or do anything non-stock. This is a known issue and so Verizon replaced it. But that is not the issue i have....

The issue i have is this: I had recently started using (trying out) the KeepSafe hide pictures app to hide some pictures from my gallery. By default, my photos are stored to my SD card, so i still have those that were NOT hidden, but the app stores these "hidden" photos ON THE PHONE, by default!? I did not know this, and had only been playing around with the app for a couple of days, so i had not checked the settings yet to see if i could store even the "hidden" photos on my SD card.

So, while i do have a new, working Galaxy S4 with many of my photos (SD card moved over), here's the question i have: Is it possible to access a bricked phone's MEMORY STORAGE, by ANY MEANS, even though it will not turn on??

Thanks in advance!

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
To my knowledge, any attempt to get any file from an unresponsive device won't happen. Similar to a PC that can't turn on. I would be prepared if during the repair the photos are going to be lost.

Dave-in-Decatur

Feb 4, 2012
Visit site
Perhaps a cell phone repair shop would be able to access the phone's internal memory by connecting that chip or whatever it is to a working device.