Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Galaxy S4 bricked (itself)....can i get to phone's memory storage??

Hi all,
    Quick version: So, while i do have a new, working Galaxy S4 with many of my photos (SD card moved over), here's the question i have: Is it possible to access the bricked phone's MEMORY STORAGE, by ANY MEANS, even though it will not turn on?? It's a hardware issue, but I'm assuming most of the phone is fine, including the on-board memory. Can i access it? Is there a company that does this?

TL;DR version
    My Galaxy S4 just recently bricked itself in the middle of a call---won't turn on, acknowledge a charge, etc. The only thing it'll do is show the grey battery icon if you plug it in...it won't hard reset, nothing. I did not root the phone or do anything non-stock. This is a known issue and so Verizon replaced it. But that is not the issue i have....

The issue i have is this: I had recently started using (trying out) the KeepSafe hide pictures app to hide some pictures from my gallery. By default, my photos are stored to my SD card, so i still have those that were NOT hidden, but the app stores these "hidden" photos ON THE PHONE, by default!? I did not know this, and had only been playing around with the app for a couple of days, so i had not checked the settings yet to see if i could store even the "hidden" photos on my SD card.

So, while i do have a new, working Galaxy S4 with many of my photos (SD card moved over), here's the question i have: Is it possible to access a bricked phone's MEMORY STORAGE, by ANY MEANS, even though it will not turn on??

Thanks in advance!

Global Posts
    19,811 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Default Re: Galaxy S4 bricked (itself)....can i get to phone's memory storage??

To my knowledge, any attempt to get any file from an unresponsive device won't happen. Similar to a PC that can't turn on. I would be prepared if during the repair the photos are going to be lost.

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here

Default Re: Galaxy S4 bricked (itself)....can i get to phone's memory storage??

Perhaps a cell phone repair shop would be able to access the phone's internal memory by connecting that chip or whatever it is to a working device.