Galaxy S4: I can't be the only with no issues after 4.3 update!

llfloyd79

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I see so many threads with people having multiple issues with their S4 after 4.3 update. I know I can't be the only one with no issues? I haven't had no issues with my S4. Everything working great...I have no complaints. Anyone else out there?

Posted with Android Central App via my Samsung Galaxy? S4

Last edited by a moderator:

HNNNNNGHHH

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Re: I can't be the only with no issues after 4.3 update!

The YMMV rules apply to even OTA updates mate. You may not have any atrocious bugs messing with your handset but countless other users face problems after updating.

On the bright side, you don't have to worry about any problems with your S4 software-wise ^-^

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site

Not me since I'm on a custom ROM but a few people I know have no issues either. Some on the S3 and others on the S4

Posted via Android Central App

Orlando Hammonds

Mar 11, 2013
Visit site

My S4 is running great, no issues before or after the 4.3 update. This is my first Samsung, and I am truly impressed.

tjg312

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

mine runs like crap. on 4.2.2 it ran great, no crashes everything was smooth. Now I always get some KNOX bs popping up all the time, phone randomly crashes and restarts, and when it boots back up some "unified daemon" service crashes immediately. Here's to 4.4 coming soon

llfloyd79

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site

The YMMV rules apply to even OTA updates mate. You may not have any atrocious bugs messing with your handset but countless other users face problems after updating.

On the bright side, you don't have to worry about any problems with your S4 software-wise ^-^

I know. I'm am talking before OTA update and after.

Tahoe916

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site

No issues for me either. I think forums generally make things look worse than they are. The few with problems are more likely to post, and then attract anyone else with that problem due to the search engines. The vast majority without problems are unlikely to make a post as you did or even visit the forum.

Mark Rider2

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site

Nor me first Samsung and be great, few things getting use to like what's app not showing I have messages on the icon,
And missing the silent switch off iPhone but overall been fine

shanghaichica

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site

I haven't spotted any issues so far either. Things are pretty much the same as before the update.

Posted via my Galaxy s4

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site

Most of the Canadian providers did it right, and made sure to test before it went out. I am on Telus in Ontario Canada and have experienced no issues what so ever after the update! Bring on KIT KAT!

trucky

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site

The thing is, you will rarely get a post saying "This update works great". Most people only post when something doesn't work great.

THEPRFCT10

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site

I see so many threads with people having multiple issues with their S4 after 4.3 update. I know I can't be the only one with no issues? I haven't had no issues with my S4. Everything working great...I have no complaints. Anyone else out there?

-consider yourself lucky.

llfloyd79

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site

-consider yourself lucky.

I wouldn't say lucky. I have had many phones Note 3....Note 2.....S3...currently S4 and after big OTA updates...I always do a hard factory reset thru recovery. I don't bring nothing from a backup...no apps or settings. I like to start fresh after big updates. I dont have alot of apps to reinstall so it never bothers me. Should you have to do a hard reset thru recovery after a major OTA update????....No you shouldn't, but that's something I just like to do and it has always worked for me.

ABOSWORTH007

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site

I updated on Monday and haven't had a single issue either. As someone else stated, people rarely post when things are working correctly.

STSVA

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site

Mine worked great on 4.2.2 and is working great on 4.3; no issues to speak of.

Dave-in-Decatur

Feb 4, 2012
Visit site

I feel your lack of pain. :) It's impossible to judge exactly what percentage of users had problems with this update, but clearly enough to be significant. Naturally, most people aren't posting to a forum to say, "The sun rose this morning, my house is still standing, and I am clothed and in my right mind." :D But those who did have problems often had bad and persistent problems, which IMHO does point to insufficient testing by Samsung and perhaps some carriers (lookin' at you, Verizon). But most of us are in the same happy boat with you, llfloyd79.

shorty9402

Dec 28, 2013
Visit site

the update is causing me to continuously get kicked off wifi that i had no problem using before. it states my wifi connection is to slow and kicks me off with out me realises it causes data overages. also the update caused me to not be able to start typing a contact name in the search box when writing a text even though the contact is in my phone. so i now have to select the picture of a person (address book) and then go thru the list of names . this extra step is so annoying.

electricpete

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site

Another data point in the random sea of anecdotal confusion:

Updated here and no problems whatsoever except that nuisance Knox notification.

JLTEEXO

Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
The only issue I've got with the update is the annoying message that says my wifi is unstable. Everything else works just fine! I still love my s4 ♡

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MickTavia