Galaxy S4: I can't be the only with no issues after 4.3 update!

Faloogs

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Re: I can't be the only with no issues after 4.3 update!

No problems here either..loving my s4 and 4.3 update

Posted via Android Central App on my awesome Samsung Galaxy s4

troshs

Trusted Member
Jul 6, 2013
Visit site

Main issue I'm dealing with is that my battery life went hellbound after the 4.3 update. Even with nothing on or running, I am lucky to get 6 hours. The usage manager says its my screen first and then Google Services 2nd....this is even if I dont turn my screen on once during the day. Its dying as I type this and I took it off the charger 4 hrs ago with a full charge. Bull sheekouskee.

Posted via Android Central App

ReMarkable2112

Jun 1, 2012
Visit site

So far so good for me. I've had the S4 for a couple weeks now it upgraded to 4.3 right out of the box. Im still learning my way around the device but it appears all is well.

Bosbouer

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site

No problems either, but then I also follow the clean factory reset route and manually reinstall the apps that I really use after verification that the latest version date for the app correspond or newer than the OTA. I do this for my P5100, daughter's N8000 and my I9500.

starbuckk

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site

No issues here and seems to have fixed a sporadic wake lock bug :)

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk 4

mark426#AC

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site

No problems with mine. Remember, in the millions of updates went out and there are in the dozens of issues reported here. Chances are 99.9% that your S4 upgrade went without a hitch.

Disclaimer: I can only speak for the Verizon update on our two S4's.

Melinium

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site

no problem on my S4, update was 1 week ago, no battery drain and all applications are working without problems, update for S3 was 2 days ago and i seen nothing wrong so far, battery usage look normal so far.

GT-I9505 Switzerland 2013 December 4.3 I9505XXUEMKF I9505AUTEML1
GT-I9300 Switzerland 2013 December 4.3 I9300XXUGML2 I9300AUTGML1

Reekysporran

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site

I see so many threads with people having multiple issues with their S4 after 4.3 update. I know I can't be the only one with no issues? I haven't had no issues with my S4. Everything working great...I have no complaints. Anyone else out there?

Posted with Android Central App via my Samsung Galaxy? S4

-consider yourself lucky.

You're not the only one, S4 is almost unusable at times after I upgraded to 4.3 :-(

spotnjack

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site

I had a couple of minor glitches after the update. I bit the bullet, did a factory reset, pulled the battery a couple of times in the first couple of days after the reset, and the phone has settled in nicely. Battery life is great and the performance is great; still lovin' this phone.

ABOSWORTH007

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site

I'm not having the file transfer issues. The only annoying little big that I'm having is that I like to have the animations in developer settings set to 0. When I launch the camera, it keeps setting the transition animation scale to 1. I hope they get that sorted when Kitkat is released for my device later this month.

androidatic

May 7, 2010
Visit site

I just got mine on Thursday (traded from Moto X) and it had 4.3 on it. I don't seem to have any problems at all. I'll give it some more time obviously but everything seems to be working smoothly.

MalkieM

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
The only issue I had was that by upgrading to 4.3 I was required to upgrade to Kies 3 and everyone doing this knows that they can now no longer sync their Outlook calender on their pc or laptop with the phone due to a problem with Kies 3 program. This is very annoying for me and Samsung don't seem to want to disclose how long if ever they will be able to remedy this.

pharologst

Aug 8, 2011
Visit site
I have had absolutely no problems with either 4.3 or 4.3 updates. They went seamlessly without incident. Hopefully 4.4 does the same. Been a few months with NO PROBLEMS (knock wood).

Sanjay Chandra

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
I had 2 issues with 4.3.x.
A weird bug where animations turn ON after launching camera has been solved with an OTA recently.

Battery life on "stand-by + Wifi ON" has become pathetic after the update.
Standby without Wifi is very good as before.

Apart from that single issue , everything is fine for me.

Sanjay Chandra

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site

I'm not having the file transfer issues. The only annoying little big that I'm having is that I like to have the animations in developer settings set to 0. When I launch the camera, it keeps setting the transition animation scale to 1. I hope they get that sorted when Kitkat is released for my device later this month.

That issue got solved some days ago with OTA update.
Install that update (~110MB download size)

iRetired

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site

To OP: switch to Easy Mode. Replace the 2 + signs with other apps. Now try to longpress and drag to the top to change to another shortcut. No little trash can appears. No can do with 4.3. Talked with Samsung tech support and they said it was possible with 4.2.2, but not with 4.3. Only way to rectify this is to do a factory reset. Been there, done that. Helluva way to change shortcuts. And you can never change the app shortcuts that already exist in Easy Mode.

iRetired

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site

That issue got solved some days ago with OTA update.
Install that update (~110MB download size)

What update is that? I'm currently running 4.3 on AT&T with the same camera issue. And I just checked for an update and my current software is up to date.