Literally dead

Michael Harlan1

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
ok guys, ive got a bit of an interesting one (with a backstory to keep yall entertained ;)). here goes. today at work i finished what i was doing and decided to check my facebook for a few minutes while i waited for the next order to come out (i work for a restaurant) and im sitting there scrolling for a few minutes and the screen goes black. literally just black. the phone was completely dead. now one would think that the battery would be dead, which i wish it was, but i happened to have looked at the battery while i was on facebook and it was at 40 percent. so anyway i go to plug it in with my wall charger that i keep at work. NOW i get a picture of an empty battery and a small buzz, acknowledging that it started charging. the picture of the empty battery also has one of those round loading symbols inside of it. the problem is that this screen stays like that for about ten seconds or so, fades, and buzzes with the image reappearing, indicating that the whole process has restarted. and guess what...this goes on, and on, and on, and on...and this is as far as it gets. so thats all i can tell you, so feel free to ask further questions in the thread.

p.s. ive posted a pic of the charging screen...i think...i tried to at least

photo.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

yea the pic worked...anyway any help would be GREATLY appreciated

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Well, it could be a defective battery... Is there anyone else who could lend you their S4? Try your battery in theirs, if it doesn't work, probably your battery is dead and that's the culprit (get it replaced). But if it doesn't, now it's time to try the other battery on your phone? If it comes to life, go to Step 2. If it doesn't, go to Step 3 (and probably cry).

If the battery worked in the other phone and the other battery worked in yours, it could be a faulty USB port, which would also explain why it's not charging. This is fairly easy to repair/replace and not that expensive, and my experience with past Samsung devices is, this port does tend to go kaput (S2 and Note 2, and a friend's S3, all the same issue, all the same port replaced).

If the other battery didn't work in yours and/or your battery worked in theirs, it could probably be the motherboard. This, sadly, is very expensive to replace unless you're under warranty. This and the screen are the most expensive parts of your phone and will not be easy, cheap, or fast to replace if you're out of warranty.

Michael Harlan1

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
i guess im sort of in luck cuz i got the phone 2 days ago...so literally everything should be under warranty
Well, it could be a defective battery... Is there anyone else who could lend you their S4? Try your battery in theirs, if it doesn't work, probably your battery is dead and that's the culprit (get it replaced). But if it doesn't, now it's time to try the other battery on your phone? If it comes to life, go to Step 2. If it doesn't, go to Step 3 (and probably cry).

If the battery worked in the other phone and the other battery worked in yours, it could be a faulty USB port, which would also explain why it's not charging. This is fairly easy to repair/replace and not that expensive, and my experience with past Samsung devices is, this port does tend to go kaput (S2 and Note 2, and a friend's S3, all the same issue, all the same port replaced).

If the other battery didn't work in yours and/or your battery worked in theirs, it could probably be the motherboard. This, sadly, is very expensive to replace unless you're under warranty. This and the screen are the most expensive parts of your phone and will not be easy, cheap, or fast to replace if you're out of warranty.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
With such a short time, unless you work in a VERY damp environment, I doubt it's the port, so it's more likely to be just the battery. However, if there was a loose pin inside either on the USB Port or the Motherboard or the Battery contact pins, those would show up very soon after opening the box. Either way, with such a short time, I believe standard warranty policies require the entire device to be replaced, not repaired.

cupidla

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
hey guys i got (android mini 7100 . is not powering on and have blank screen FDL2 failed with researchdownload .. NO POWER . how can i solved this.. ps how do add new posts here

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze