Random lags

Henkka_S

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
Hey

I have 6 months old S4 and everything has worked smooth until now the phone has begun to suffer some strange lags. Practically, when the lag occurs, my screen freezes for 2-3 seconds. It will register my touches but it will be displayed only after the 2-3 second freeze. This will drive me nuts because this is happening constantly (writing, playing games, sweeping pages) and it really reduces the user comfort.

So I'd like to receive some tips, where to start looking for the fix.

Thanks!

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hey

I have 6 months old S4 and everything has worked smooth until now the phone has begun to suffer some strange lags. Practically, when the lag occurs, my screen freezes for 2-3 seconds. It will register my touches but it will be displayed only after the 2-3 second freeze. This will drive me nuts because this is happening constantly (writing, playing games, sweeping pages) and it really reduces the user comfort.

So I'd like to receive some tips, where to start looking for the fix.

Thanks!

I would try clearing cache in recovery. Here is how: http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...ing-into-recovery-mode-galaxy-s2-s3-tab2.html

jc0187

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
Just do what I did, get used to it. Sorry, I know you were hoping for an answer, but I do not have one. My S4 has been doing the lag thing since day one. I know it is frustrating when trying to scroll down a page. You try to scroll down, and nothing happens. I have been contemplating on selling this thing on Ebay and picking up a Nexus 5 from Google. I figure if I can get $350 for my S4, I will break-even on the N5.

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Just do what I did, get used to it. Sorry, I know you were hoping for an answer, but I do not have one. My S4 has been doing the lag thing since day one. I know it is frustrating when trying to scroll down a page. You try to scroll down, and nothing happens. I have been contemplating on selling this thing on Ebay and picking up a Nexus 5 from Google. I figure if I can get $350 for my S4, I will break-even on the N5.

Sounds good! But if you plan on using USB OTG, your existing SD may not be readable unless they're in a particular format. I tried to use a new 64 GB card with my new Meenova card reader and it needs to be reformatted in a different file system. If there had been a lot of media on it, it probably could not have been read. Just something to know.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2

blademael

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
I would intall battery guru to control how applications are updating and also would look what application is making the lagg

sent by my Galaxy S4

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon