1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Random lags

Hey

I have 6 months old S4 and everything has worked smooth until now the phone has begun to suffer some strange lags. Practically, when the lag occurs, my screen freezes for 2-3 seconds. It will register my touches but it will be displayed only after the 2-3 second freeze. This will drive me nuts because this is happening constantly (writing, playing games, sweeping pages) and it really reduces the user comfort.

So I'd like to receive some tips, where to start looking for the fix.

Thanks!

Global Posts
    13,972 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

Default Re: Random lags

Quote Originally Posted by Henkka_S View Post
    Hey

I have 6 months old S4 and everything has worked smooth until now the phone has begun to suffer some strange lags. Practically, when the lag occurs, my screen freezes for 2-3 seconds. It will register my touches but it will be displayed only after the 2-3 second freeze. This will drive me nuts because this is happening constantly (writing, playing games, sweeping pages) and it really reduces the user comfort.

So I'd like to receive some tips, where to start looking for the fix.

Thanks!
    I would try clearing cache in recovery. Here is how: [Guide] Rebooting into Recovery Mode for the Galaxy S2, S3, and Tab2.

Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu 'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thanks for the advice, but it didn't help! Anything else to do?

Global Posts
    13,972 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

Let me think about it.

From a Sprint Moto X

Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu 'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi

Global Posts
    256 Global Posts

Just do what I did, get used to it. Sorry, I know you were hoping for an answer, but I do not have one. My S4 has been doing the lag thing since day one. I know it is frustrating when trying to scroll down a page. You try to scroll down, and nothing happens. I have been contemplating on selling this thing on Ebay and picking up a Nexus 5 from Google. I figure if I can get $350 for my S4, I will break-even on the N5.

Quote Originally Posted by jc0187 View Post
    Just do what I did, get used to it. Sorry, I know you were hoping for an answer, but I do not have one. My S4 has been doing the lag thing since day one. I know it is frustrating when trying to scroll down a page. You try to scroll down, and nothing happens. I have been contemplating on selling this thing on Ebay and picking up a Nexus 5 from Google. I figure if I can get $350 for my S4, I will break-even on the N5.
    Sounds good! But if you plan on using USB OTG, your existing SD may not be readable unless they're in a particular format. I tried to use a new 64 GB card with my new Meenova card reader and it needs to be reformatted in a different file system. If there had been a lot of media on it, it probably could not have been read. Just something to know.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Really, there is no solution for this??

Global Posts
    5,581 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.2 Build 3

Short of a factory reset, nothing you could do without rooting

Posted via Android Central App
    Everything in this post is 100% accurate...I think

R.I.P. Motorola...and what could have been the best smartphone line ever

Global Posts
    13,972 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

Maybe a different launcher like Nova?

From a Sprint Moto X using AC Forums app

I would intall battery guru to control how applications are updating and also would look what application is making the lagg

sent by my Galaxy S4