Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Using Hangouts as the default SMS app

    I haven't tried it yet, but I was wondering if any of you tried Hangout as the default SMS app

    Is it really worth it/better experience than the S4 stock app?

    Thanks
  2. #2  
    EviI's Avatar

    Posts
    236 Posts
    Global Posts
    237 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4.2 KitKat

    Default Re: Using Hangouts as the default SMS app

    Quote Originally Posted by salutcemoi View Post
    I haven't tried it yet, but I was wondering if any of you tried Hangout as the default SMS app

    Is it really worth it/better experience than the S4 stock app?

    Thanks
    I like it. I liked the Facebook Messenger SMS integration better, but Hangouts is alright.
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default Re: Using Hangouts as the default SMS app

    Ok thanks.

    One think I hate about Hangout is the people suggestion card.
    There is no way to remove it.

    Also I wish they offered a dark theme.
    Maybe there is black version out there

    Posted from my SGH-I337M
  4. #4  
    EviI's Avatar

    Posts
    236 Posts
    Global Posts
    237 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4.2 KitKat

    Default Re: Using Hangouts as the default SMS app

    Quote Originally Posted by salutcemoi View Post
    Ok thanks.

    One think I hate about Hangout is the people suggestion card.
    There is no way to remove it.

    Also I wish they offered a dark theme.
    Maybe there is black version out there

    Posted from my SGH-I337M
    Yes! If there is a dark theme on any app I ALWAYS switch to it.
    Thanked by:
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

    Default Re: Using Hangouts as the default SMS app

    That's good to know

    Posted from my SGH-I337M
  6. #6  

    Default Re: Using Hangouts as the default SMS app

    Hey Guys, try "sliding messaging" if you like the Hangouts experience but want any color theme you'd like. It is a paid app, only $1.99, but well worth it, IMO.
    Just a thought....Merry Christmas!
    Thanked by:
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

    Default Re: Using Hangouts as the default SMS app

    Quote Originally Posted by shaundiesel View Post
    Hey Guys, try "sliding messaging" if you like the Hangouts experience but want any color theme you'd like. It is a paid app, only $1.99, but well worth it, IMO.
    Just a thought....Merry Christmas!
    Thanks
  8. #8  

    Default Re: Using Hangouts as the default SMS app

    I like it. The one thing j don't like is that of you have anyone marked as spam in the default messages app they still come through if hangouts is the default. Which is understandable but still annoying.

    Sent from my SPH-L720 using AC Forums mobile app
    Thanked by:
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

    Default Re: Using Hangouts as the default SMS app

    Quote Originally Posted by Shanicenicolle View Post
    I like it. The one thing j don't like is that of you have anyone marked as spam in the default messages app they still come through if hangouts is the default. Which is understandable but still annoying.

    Sent from my SPH-L720 using AC Forums mobile app
    Thanks.

    Im trying Sliding Messaging and it's pretty good.

    Posted from my SGH-I337M

Similar Threads

  1. Note 2: I need the 4.3 update for the sgh-i317m ***
    By RootaRegg in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Rooting, ROMs, and Hacks
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 03-21-2014, 10:52 AM
  2. Which app dialling voicemail.
    By granddadscott in forum Samsung Galaxy S3
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-22-2013, 04:12 AM
  3. Does changing the battery reset personal preferences?
    By NJRonbo in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-22-2013, 04:08 AM
  4. looking for an app to have multiple versions of the same app installed
    By Moltres_rider in forum Android Applications
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-21-2013, 06:19 PM
  5. Samsung Galaxy s3 How to use alphabet on keypad while in call
    By chaianne in forum General Help and How To
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-21-2013, 02:11 PM

Posting Permissions

B