- 3 Posts
S4 Microphone Works for Phone Calls, But No Other Apps
I have been able to make phone calls normally and everything works fine, but any app that uses the microphone will not work.
If I open S Voice, it immediately tells me that it did not hear me and I need to repeat myself. If I tap the microphone button again, S Voice immediately repeats the "didn't hear you" message before I even have a chance to say anything.
I have also tested Zello (a walkie talkie app) and a few browsers that utilize voice to text. None of these work either.
Since I can still be heard in phone calls it can't be the actual microphone that is malfunctioning. Does anyone have an idea for how I should proceed?
Galaxy S4 (AT&T)
All tested apps are up to date
Yes, I've tried rebooting my phone :-)
Posted via Android Central App
- 12-24-2013, 03:12 PM #2
- 117 Posts
Re: S4 Microphone Works for Phone Calls, But No Other Apps
I had the same issue when I installed the latest TextPlus. Do you have it installed? S Voice would complain the Mic was already in use by another app.
Also check if it may be something like Google Search of Google Experience Launcher. That keeps your mic open and sometimes causes issues.
- By gregs1213 in forum Google Nexus 5Replies: 5Last Post: 12-24-2013, 12:51 PM
- By zaydabarber in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 2Replies: 1Last Post: 12-24-2013, 08:35 AM
- By Steven Kaydn in forum Developer SpotlightReplies: 0Last Post: 12-23-2013, 10:49 PM
- By luzgemacht in forum Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 1Last Post: 12-23-2013, 10:23 PM
- By TastelessOne in forum HTC One VReplies: 1Last Post: 12-23-2013, 09:36 PM