1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Dropped my Galaxy S4 - Screen turns black after startup logo flashes.

As the title suggests, ever since I dropped my phone (or more precisely, it fell out of my pocket), the screen turns black as soon as I turn on the phone. After a few seconds, the logo flashes and after that, it becomes completely black again and remains that way. I have noticed the screen flashing at other moments, such as when I'm charging it and remove the cable, or sometimes when I'm holding the power button to turn off the phone and the menu flashes. I am not sure if the touch is still working, but everything else seems normal. I hear the sounds when it turns on, I hear the text message notifications, the phone vibrates properly etc (this all happens without me actually typing the PIN code in, which is why I am still uncertain about the functionality of the touch screen). Also, there are no cracks on the screen. The point of contact was 'on the side', where you plug in the earphones and it has left a small dent.

Does anyone have a clue about what damage could show the above 'symptoms'? There is obviously a very likely chance of the screen being damaged but does it sound like the display as a whole needs to be replaced? The fact that it flashes at times suggests to me that it could be something minor that has gotten loose, or something.

I'd appreciate any and all help. Thanks.
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: Dropped my Galaxy S4 - Screen turns black after startup logo flashes.

I want to add that when I first picked up the phone immediately after impact, the colours were green-ish and it was after I restarted the phone that the aforementioned happened.

Default Re: Dropped my Galaxy S4 - Screen turns black after startup logo flashes.

Did you ever find an answer for this, I just did the same thing?