1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Cracked the screen on GS4, however; I hear sound and need my voice and data

Please, Please, Please......

I cracked my GS4 cell phone the other day. I had a feeling it was damaged and through so I had made arrangement to get a replacement phone. However, I can still hear sound or noises coming from the telephone. I called the number and the telephone rang but I could not hear or speak. I am hearing crazy sounds and when I connect it to my PC both devices let me know they are looking for something to communicate to. So quickly I connected my phone to my PC to get my text data, music, media data, etc. Unfortunately, my usb connection will not access the appropriate driver(s) (while I am still hearing the noises). My PC keeps telling me "Found New Hardware - SAMSUNG_Android" and " Insert the disc that came with Samsung_Android." Also, it states, "If you have a disc that came with your device, insert now. Windows will automatically search the disc for software driver software. I don't have a disc but I downloaded SANSUNG USB Driver for Mobile Devices and it don't appear to be working. I notice it mentions Samsung Android. Could you help me? I am being very humbled by this !

Global Posts
    13,913 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

Default Re: Cracked the screen on GS4, however; I hear sound and need my voice and data

I think the fall that damaged the screen damaged some of the hardware too. That may be why you are having difficulty in connecting to your PC.

Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu 'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here

Default Re: Cracked the screen on GS4, however; I hear sound and need my voice and data

Go to a samsung store and get help. Do you have a warranty?

Sent from my SGH-I337M using AC Forums mobile app

Take it to Samsung. Samsung South Africa gives all purchasers an additional free cover against screen damages or immersion. Max of 2 incidents during the two years.
    GT-5100 4.1.2 Jelly Bean
    I-9500 4.3 Jelly Bean

Quote Originally Posted by Bosbouer View Post
    Take it to Samsung. Samsung South Africa gives all purchasers an additional free cover against screen damages or immersion. Max of 2 incidents during the two years.
    Wow, that's a great, customer-friendly policy. I think you'd be laughed out of the store if you asked for that in the U.S.

WRT the OP's situation, I agree that taking it to a store or perhaps better yet a cell phone repair shop is the best idea. They should have more sophisticated equipment to extract the data from the phone.