Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    44 Global Posts

Default Why are there no phones that sync with Outlook anymore?

I got this S4 because I was told that it syncs with outlook through Kies which it does not. Most business people use Outlook and I cannot figure out why phones do not support it. I need to sync my calander, contacts and expecially tasks. I do not want to pay a 3rd party for this. Has anyone found a resolution to this?
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 01-21-2014 at 11:43 PM.

Default Re: why are there no phones that sync with Outlook anymore?

Welcome to Android Central! The difficulty with Outlook syncing is nothing new. Google clearly would prefer that its customers transition to Google Contacts/Gmail/Calendar. The only way for you to sync with Outlook on your computer is by using 3rd party solutions--some of them are described in this article (although it's a little out of date):

Personally, I was very glad to ditch Outlook for my personal use, since I think it's a slow monstrous behemoth that would slow down my computer. But I can understand the frustration if you need to use Outlook for work and need to sync.

Global Posts
    1,208 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock JB

I sync up with Outlook on my computer thru outlook.com on my note 2 using Samsungs stock email app using Exchange Active Sync. No third party. Totally Microsoft because I'm using office 2013 and have a outlook.com email address which means calendar, one note, Sky drive, and everything else. All thru Microsoft apps on my note 2 and I'm running on 4.3 jb.

73fe4158, yes I did it, anything else
    3348b76f

My S4 syncs automatically using the standard email app and Outlook 2010 on computer, no issues.

Posted via Android Central App

Take a look at "My Phone Explorer". It syncs to Outlook via USB, WiFi or Bluetooth. A client runs on the phone while the main program runs on the PC. Also can sync files between the PC and phone and ext sdcard--and more. Very satisfied user.

Lightbulb Re: why are there no phones that sync with Outlook anymore?

Hi all. My Windows Phone broke down recently, so I'm thinking about buying the Nexus 5 (as there haven't been any breakthorughs on the WP front recently). One of the most important questions for me is the problem of syncing my contacts, calendar, etc. from Outlook (have been using them for some time now and am not going to move to Google, sorry). I've seen the official app called that Microsoft recommends. Can anyone tell me if it's the one that could solve all these troubles? Does it work well?

Have you tried as an Outlook replacement? I assume that you use Gmail?
    Quote Originally Posted by chugg View Post
    I got this S4 because I was told that it syncs with outlook through Kies which it does not. Most business people use Outlook and I cannot figure out why phones do not support it. I need to sync my calander, contacts and expecially tasks. I do not want to pay a 3rd party for this. Has anyone found a resolution to this?

Download the latest Kies 3 software from Samsung. It will sync with Outlook. I've been doing it fine.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Global Posts
    44 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kg4icg View Post
    I sync up with Outlook on my computer thru outlook.com on my note 2 using Samsungs stock email app using Exchange Active Sync. No third party. Totally Microsoft because I'm using office 2013 and have a outlook.com email address which means calendar, one note, Sky drive, and everything else. All thru Microsoft apps on my note 2 and I'm running on 4.3 jb.

Does this method sync tasks as well?
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Global Posts
    44 Global Posts

Kies is only doing a 1 way sync from phone to computer. Samsung told me that and I looked for myself.

Global Posts
    1,208 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock JB

I'm using OneNote for my task and yes it sinks.
    3348b76f

Have you looked at DejaOffice

Quote Originally Posted by skramblr View Post
    Download the latest Kies 3 software from Samsung. It will sync with Outlook. I've been doing it fine.
    Did you ever get the "outlook is not your default client" error? I can't get mine to work

14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

Global Posts
    44 Global Posts

I am looking for tasks not onenote. I have looked at DejaOffice and you have to pay for that. I will not pay for something that should come with my phone.
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

Global Posts
    44 Global Posts

does anyone knopw a free way to sync outlook with android Galaxy S4?
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

Global Posts
    44 Global Posts

anyone?

anyone?
    I don't have an answer for you, but you might get a better response if you start a new thread with your specific question.

I looked into this 2 years ago when i switched from Blackberry (which makes it very easy) to Android. There weren't any free options then either.
    I use Touchdown for Smartphones. Works fantastic for email and calendar. Not so great for Tasks.
    Hope that helps.
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #19  

Global Posts
    44 Global Posts

Thank you so much for taking the time to respond guys. Looks like I might have to buck up and pay which really chaps my ***. I will start a new thread first though. Thanks again for your help. Its greatly appreciated. Im a bit frustrated that I left blackberry. One more thing. Does this phone have just a normal ring tone? They all sound like alien ring tones.

Thank you so much for taking the time to respond guys. Looks like I might have to buck up and pay which really chaps my ***. I will start a new thread first though. Thanks again for your help. Its greatly appreciated. Im a bit frustrated that I left blackberry. One more thing. Does this phone have just a normal ring tone? They all sound like alien ring tones.
    Hey, I did find this support page: . Have you tried syncing with Outlook using Kies?

You can find tons of ringtones (including classic telephone ring sounds) using various apps or websites. is a popular one.

Global Posts
    4,080 Global Posts
    ROM
    None

Quote Originally Posted by kg4icg View Post

That's what I do when I need to use Outlook.

Sent From Inside The TARDIS in a Galaxy S4 Away!
    If I'm very clever, and I'm more than clever, I'm brilliant! I might just save the World, or rip it apart!

Global Posts
    4,080 Global Posts
    ROM
    None

I use the Outlook app for Android and it works just fine. I'm not sure if this will take care of your needs.

Sent From Inside The TARDIS in a Galaxy S4 Away!
    If I'm very clever, and I'm more than clever, I'm brilliant! I might just save the World, or rip it apart!
  23. Thread Author  Thread Author    #23  

Global Posts
    44 Global Posts

No the outlook app wont take care of my needs. I need my tasks and contacts with the contact notes. In fact, outlook.com wants me to upload contacts using a ccv file. No ay that will work for me unfortunately.

I gave up looking for free solutions and downloaded a trial of CompanionLink. I have both a tablet and a phone, so the best solution for me was use CompanionLink to sync my Exchange mail to Outlook.com, then sync that with both devices. Its been working so far. Its all automagical, no wires needed. CompanionLink IMO is a bit pricey, but after so much time struggling with a workable solution, I'm finding it to be exactly what I need. So I will probably buy it.

Global Posts
    4,080 Global Posts
    ROM
    None

Glad you found a solution. Even though it's pricey, if you had to have it for work then it'll pay itself in no time.

Sent From a Galaxy S4 Away
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast