1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    256 Global Posts

Default Lock screen layout

Anyone ever get this? I used to get this quite often with my first S4 and that was a preclusion to a bevy of problems with the phone. Now, im getting this my current S4.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Lock screen layout-screenshot_2013-12-25-21-20-49.jpg  

Default Re: Lock screen layout

1.Pin for the cellphone simcard. Default is usually 0000

2. you have changed the security settings and now require a numerical key to unlock.
    GT-5100 4.1.2 Jelly Bean
    I-9500 4.3 Jelly Bean
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    256 Global Posts

No I kept everything the same. No changes were made on my phone. This randomly happens with my S4 lately. When I bought my first S4, this happened very frequently. Then j started having other issues at the same time such as the black screen durring calls (no, the proximity sensor was not blocked and it was impossible to interact with the call until after I hung up), S4 vibrating after missing a call (I was unable to get the vibrating to stop until I rebooted the phone), S4 would fail to switch to 4g from lte in a non lte area making sending and receiving calls nearly impossible unless I was in wifi areas.

These were the major problems. I had other, smaller, issues as well. I was just curious to know uf anyone else was having this problem with the lock screen?
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    256 Global Posts

This is how it is supposed to look like.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Lock screen layout-screenshot_2013-12-26-06-07-09.jpg  

The black screen during calls may be as a result of calls handling settings. The setting is to shut the screen off during calls may be selected.

And nope I have not experienced what you describe.
    GT-5100 4.1.2 Jelly Bean
    I-9500 4.3 Jelly Bean
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Global Posts
    256 Global Posts

No. Yes, I get that there is a setting that turns the screen off to save the battery. But when the screen goes black, and while the call is in progress, you hold the phone out trying to put the call on speakerphone or to use the dial pad and the screen continues to remain black. This used to happen witb my other S4 often. Very frustrating when you needed to use the keypad while in a call. I used to have to end the call, reboot thenphone and try again. If this is a feature of the S4, then the phone is hopeless as a phone.

Global Posts
    4,088 Global Posts
    ROM
    None

Quote Originally Posted by jc0187 View Post
    No. Yes, I get that there is a setting that turns the screen off to save the battery. But when the screen goes black, and while the call is in progress, you hold the phone out trying to put the call on speakerphone or to use the dial pad and the screen continues to remain black. This used to happen witb my other S4 often. Very frustrating when you needed to use the keypad while in a call. I used to have to end the call, reboot thenphone and try again. If this is a feature of the S4, then the phone is hopeless as a phone.
    Yea, that black screen is a bug/problem.
    I don't have it, but my brother recently got his GS4 and has that exact same problem!

I've tried the settings for the screen to no avail. 😡😠

Sent From Inside The TARDIS in a Galaxy S4 Away!
    If I'm very clever, and I'm more than clever, I'm brilliant! I might just save the World, or rip it apart!