- 9 Posts
When I open the gallery I see all my pictures and some are in Camera and some are in ScreeenShot folder.
What paths are being used to gather all my pictures in the gallery?
I need that info because I want to use a ftp client, connect to another phone which I am running a server on. I must know the different paths in order to access my pictures.
It's kind of a backup solution.
Posted via Android Central App
- 12-26-2013, 10:56 PM #2
It's not so much that there are specific paths--Android has a Media Scanner that will scan all folders for photos, and include them in the Gallery. You could make any folder and call it "Test" or whatever you want, place a photo in there, and Media Scanner will find it and put it in the Gallery. The exceptions are folders that have a ".nomedia" file, which instructs the Media Scanner to ignore that folder.
That being said, the directory for Camera photos is typically /storage/sdcard0/DCIM/Camera/ (or sdcard1 if it's the external SD), and Screenshots are in storage/sdcard0/Pictures/Screenshots. With later versions of Jellybean and KitKat, the I think the directory starts with /storage/emulated/0/ instead of /storage/sdcard0.
- By michael08.cefalo in forum Verizon Galaxy Note 2Replies: 4Last Post: 01-02-2014, 09:05 PM
- By George Stevens in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2013)Replies: 11Last Post: 12-30-2013, 06:15 PM
- By ProbablyRaging in forum Samsung Galaxy S4 ActiveReplies: 0Last Post: 12-26-2013, 12:55 AM
- By 1812dave in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 2Replies: 7Last Post: 12-24-2013, 09:26 PM
- By byrds8 in forum Verizon Galaxy Note 2Replies: 1Last Post: 12-23-2013, 10:11 PM