1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default random sound mode change noise

My s4 seems to like to tell me what mode it is in at random and drives me insane. Essentially at random points in the day, if I have my phone on vibrate, it randomly vibrates. If I have the phone on full volume or whatever, it just randomly plays the "tw_silent_mode_off.ogg" noise. There seems to be no rhyme or reason for it or any pattern as to when it goes off. The mode doesn't switch itself on/off, it simply seems like it is telling me what mode it is in.

If anyone knows how to make this stop, it would be much appreciated. Makes me think I have a text or notification constantly. Thanks!

Global Posts
    512 Global Posts

Default Re: random sound mode change noise

I would think about backing everything up and doing a software reset. Sounds to me like something went wacko in your operating system. There are tutorials on how to do all of this on the home page under Help and How-tp.

Posted via Android Central App
    ~~ You have a cough? Go home tonight, eat a whole box of Ex-Lax, tomorrow you'll be afraid to cough.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thanks Troshs. Tried that and seemed to work for a short time and came back when they upgraded to 4.3 recently. Was trying to avoid resetting the phone again, so was hoping someone came across a fix (or even the problem). If not, will give that another shot.

Global Posts
    512 Global Posts

Maybe its a hardware goof then. Gosh I hate those. Have you checked whether any of your apps may be doing it? Sounds like a setting that may have gotten toggled by your 4.3 update as some of the apps on mine did that as well (reverted some of the settings, I had to go in and check everything). I wouldn't suggest calling Samsung or your carrier though...they seem to be no help at all with these things.
    ~~ You have a cough? Go home tonight, eat a whole box of Ex-Lax, tomorrow you'll be afraid to cough.

On a few Samsung infuse phones, audio files would randomly start playing. The solution was installing a programmer called Disable Autoplay from the market. Maybe worth a shot

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Ha, thanks Troshs, yeah they are usually of no help on things like this. I did uninstall and reinstall most of my apps to check this and doesn't seem to be the source. Pete, I have not tried it but have heard about it. I may give it a shot, but since it happens on both sound and vibrations I am not sure it is an audio setting. But...never know