1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    836 Global Posts

Default Moving applications to SD Card

Just installed a SD card on my S4 and went into Settings => Application Manager. Selected each individual application and clicked on Move to SD Card and then onto the next application. However, certain applications had the SD Card greyed out and seemed like they couldn't be moved (this included apps that were not preinstalled on the device). Is there a way to get around this or reason why certain ones cannot be moved?

Also, what is the easiest way to move pictures from the Gallery and individual music files?

Global Posts
    13,810 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

Default Re: Moving applications to SD Card

Quote Originally Posted by tourboy View Post
    Just installed a SD card on my S4 and went into Settings => Application Manager. Selected each individual application and clicked on Move to SD Card and then onto the next application. However, certain applications had the SD Card greyed out and seemed like they couldn't be moved (this included apps that were not preinstalled on the device). Is there a way to get around this or reason why certain ones cannot be moved?

Also, what is the easiest way to move pictures from the Gallery and individual music files?
    First part of the question is the apps that you can't move to the SD card is because the developer does not support that in the app. There is no way around that.

Second question: Have you tried plugging into your PC and moving them through the file explorer?

Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu
    Community Guidelines and also here
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    836 Global Posts

Default Re: Moving applications to SD Card

Was able to manually move the files.

Quote Originally Posted by Golfdriver97 View Post
    First part of the question is the apps that you can't move to the SD card is because the developer does not support that in the app. There is no way around that.

Second question: Have you tried plugging into your PC and moving them through the file explorer?