1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Samsung S4 keeps restarting

This happened last night when i was just surfing the web on my s4 then suddenly my phone said it has no sim and it just kept coming back from no sim to 4g. After a few minutes my phone automatically restarted and the worse part is, it just kept on looping itself from the samsung logo. I tried taking out the battery for 10 mins, it worked for a couple of hours. It happened once more , i was frustrated that i decided to sleep. Today no restarts so far but i want to know what causes this problem.

Posted via my phone :">

Default Re: Samsung S4 keeps restarting

Sure sounds like it might be a SIM problem--it might be worth talking to your carrier and asking if you need a replacement SIM card.

You could also try doing a system cache partition wipe, in case there's some bad piece of data stuck in the temporary system cache. You won't lose any personal data or settings. Follow these instructions, but instead of selecting "wipe data/factory reset," make sure you select "wipe cache partition."

3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I tried clearing the cache. It seems its not rebooting by itself. But i still have the problem my sim cant be detected then goes back to normal. I might take this to my carrier then.

Posted via my phone :">

Last thing you could try is to remove the SIM yourself and make sure all of the metal contacts are clean (like with a cotton swab dipped in rubbing alcohol).

Just read Samsung Galaxy S4 keeps restarting!! because i'm almost 100% sure that you're having a same issue. I had that similar symptom with SIM every now and then, but the real problem was a bad battery.