Unfortunately, Gallery has stopped working

akfootwear

Dec 28, 2013
Visit site
Hi,
Please assist me on what to do on my Sumsang S4, everytime when I want to use my gallery it gives me the message" Unfortunately, Gallery has stopped working". I have tried to clear data many times but the problem keeps coming up

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
It sounds as if maybe there's a software conflict or a corrupted photo.

Did you also clear cache? Try seeing if you can download the Gallery app from the play store and reinstall it.

Also, copy and paste all the photos into a new folder, back them all up onto your computer or the cloud, and then see if you can delete them all from Gallery. That should fix it.

Sent from my LG870 via Tapatalk 2

akfootwear

Dec 28, 2013
Visit site
Sometimes, when I open th camera it gives the same message but when I clear my cache the camera can work but i dont want these issue of clearing the cache every time, I cant add the photo to the contact from my contact name that i want to set a photo, i dont know why! I am thinking to reset to factory settings but i don't know how to get all the apps and data that i have back

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Sometimes, when I open th camera it gives the same message but when I clear my cache the camera can work but i dont want these issue of clearing the cache every time, I cant add the photo to the contact from my contact name that i want to set a photo, i dont know why! I am thinking to reset to factory settings but i don't know how to get all the apps and data that i have back

Did you try to copy and paste all the photos from the DCIM folder into a new folder, yet?

akfootwear

Dec 28, 2013
Visit site
Thanx, I have downloaded a new Gallery app from the store, and it working just fine now but i didn't know why the system app didn't work

willyferns

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site
Hii i also face the same problem ,when I open the camera it gives the same message " Unfortunately, Gallery has stopped working". i tried all the steps u guys mentioned.. transfering the gallery files... I also deleted the gallery files...installed the gallery app mentioned.. tried another two also. but no I get this msg after installing the galery app " Unfortunately, Gallery has stopped working".

I have tried alot. The phone am using is a XOLO A500S. Help me!!!

lioniz

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
Did you try to copy and paste all the photos from the DCIM folder into a new folder, yet?

Mrsmumbles , could you help me with this? I really don't know much about the tech side of this. How do I back up my photos before deleting the gallery and installing the other one?

Joshpatrick Berano

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site
Hi,
Please assist me on what to do on my Sumsang S4, everytime when I want to use my gallery it gives me the message" Unfortunately, Gallery has stopped working". I have tried to clear data many times but the problem keeps coming up

Try deleting your DCIM inside your file managaer then restart/reboot your phone

tcjohnsson

May 20, 2013
Visit site
Try deleting your DCIM inside your file managaer then restart/reboot your phone

My Gallery stopped working yesterday on my Note 3... completely random and now I have no way of killing those "unfortunate" pop ups.

I tried all the suggestions including deleting the DCIM folder but the pop up message continues throughout the day, incessantly. Sometimes the message randomly pops up 4-5 times in a row then stops for a few minutes than starts reappearing again. I cleared the cache, force stopped, etc and still the pop up reoccurs over and over. Is there any way of disabling Gallery altogether or removing it from my phone without root? I never use Gallery as I have Quickpic to view images. My camera takes pictures fine. It's just the pop up that occurs 500 times a day that's driving me bonkers. Any help is much appreciated!

gjdewar

May 4, 2014
Visit site
Hello

I too am having this problem, but in a very specific situation, and with specific photos.

My son was using the 'phone to take photos of the family, and he tagged me in one of the pictures by "press-n-hold" on my face. Now, any photo with my face on it causes the Gallery to close and the error message to appear.

We've disabled everything we can find that tags things, including autotag. We've removed the offending photo, but the Gallery closes even when viewing photos that were taken on other phones and then transferred to this one. We have cleared the cache, and cleared the data, and then rebooted the phone.

Photos are stored on an SD card, and I don't want to format the phone. How can I remove the tags from the photos with my face in them?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kthompson9705kt