1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default S4 security issues

My GS4 on 4.3 keeps putting up a little shield that says a application tried to access my system without permission. Anybody know what's going on?

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: S4 security issues

Quote Originally Posted by thall777 View Post
    My GS4 on 4.3 keeps putting up a little shield that says a application tried to access my system without permission. Anybody know what's going on?

There are lots of posts on this. It's Samsung's security system. Go to Settings- More - Security and update security policies. That should fix it.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using AC Forums mobile app
    Samsung Galaxy S4 (Verizon - SCH-I545) - Android 4.3

Those messages started for me with the 4.3 update. They occur every time I turn wifi on. If I long-press on the notification and select App Info, it reveals that Knox Notification Manager is the source of the notificaiton (which is something new in 4.3). Updating security policy doesn't do anything to change it for me.

Quote Originally Posted by electricpete View Post
    Those messages started for me with the 4.3 update. They occur every time I turn wifi on. If I long-press on the notification and select App Info, it reveals that Knox Notification Manager is the source of the notificaiton (which is something new in 4.3). Updating security policy doesn't do anything to change it for me.
    You have to update your security policy in the settings and keep it checked so it can update if needed.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 via Android Central App
    Thanked by:
    STSVA 

Mine security policies are on auto update and it still occurred. I changed my security level from high to normal to see whether that will help with the notification.