bloody battery!!!

Millzey13

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
Hi all

Just picked up my new battery today for free at car phone warehouse uk.,as part of Samsung's battery issues.

Had it on for 3 hours and then just shut down and restarted again?!!

So frustrating. I'm sure this only started after the 4.3 update but not 100% positive on that.

Any solutions to try?
Anyone else having same problem,battery drain isn't really adnormal just bloody restarts.

Its not had a mod in any way so just standard touch wiz etc etc.

Thanks

Posted via Android Central App

gabbott

Trusted Member
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
After your update to 4.3 have you tried a full factory reset? Might be something to consider as it can potentially clear up issues when a software upgrade has a negative impact.

Millzey13

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
After your update to 4.3 have you tried a full factory reset? Might be something to consider as it can potentially clear up issues when a software upgrade has a negative impact.

Hi no I haven't, complete silly question I think but what will I lose by doing that? Kies should back everything I need right?

STSVA

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Hi no I haven't, complete silly question I think but what will I lose by doing that? Kies should back everything I need right?

I trust Google more than Kies for backup. Assuming you got your apps from the Google Play Store using a Google account, they'll be there if you need them after a factory reset, and if you use Google backup that "should" back up various kinds of important data. That being said, if you have anything critical on the phone it wouldn't hurt to copy it over to a PC, if possible.

Millzey13

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
I trust Google more than Kies for backup. Assuming you got your apps from the Google Play Store using a Google account, they'll be there if you need them after a factory reset, and if you use Google backup that "should" back up various kinds of important data. That being said, if you have anything critical on the phone it wouldn't hurt to copy it over to a PC, if possible.

Thank you.

I'll give it a whirl in the morning and see how I get on over a couple of day period as it happens at least once a day.

Thanks again.

Millzey13

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site

Hi

I've been and got my new battery and factory reset my phone, still crashing at random but say one crash every other day instead of 2/3 times a day. Def never had this before 4.3!! Just have to wait for 4.4 I guess . :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guylenn49