Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Personal Dictionary

I can't get this thing figured out. .. I've got several acronyms I use daily and I like to have shortcuts to some things like my email address for example. I've entered the phrase and the shortcut but it just doesn't work.

I type the shortcut and nothing...

I type the actual word minus the shortcut and it still gets auto corrected like it's not even in the dictionary.

And I use the default Samsung keyboard.

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: Personal Dictionary

Quote Originally Posted by jmgilliam View Post
    I can't get this thing figured out. .. I've got several acronyms I use daily and I like to have shortcuts to some things like my email address for example. I've entered the phrase and the shortcut but it just doesn't work.

I type the shortcut and nothing...

I type the actual word minus the shortcut and it still gets auto corrected like it's not even in the dictionary.

And I use the default Samsung keyboard.

I use Google keyboard so it may be different. Example if I type brb it will suggest barb lol. I just touch select the brb and it will allow me to save it.

My Evo lte Filling the shoes of my HTC One
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Personal Dictionary-uploadfromtaptalk1388598860560.jpg  

I use Google Keyboard and before the KitKat update it was allowing me to use the Google dictionary but now there's no Google dictionary only LGs and it doesn't let me save words with spaces in them. Does anyone have a solution?

EDIT: Sorry I thought this was the LG G2 forum.