- 2 Posts
Question regarding different versions
I originally had a SGH-I337 which was recently lost. I purchased it in Canada on the Rogers network, and everything worked great.
I am in the UK for 4 months, so I've purchased another S4, but the model number is gt-i9500.
I can not get Kies to recognize the new phone, though the computer and MobileGo recognize it.
I have a backup of the original Canadian phone I would like to restore to the gt-i9500 and was wondering if this is possible without Kies, and why Kies won't recognize the gt-i9500
Any help is greatly appreciated!
- 01-01-2014, 05:13 PM #2
Re: Question regarding different versions
Well, the backup you have will not work on a different model through Kies, so that's just bad luck
As for the recognition, it should, but Kies can be temperamental sometimes. So, what I'd do is try to re-install Kies (and make sure you have the latest version), uninstall the phone driver from your computer and then, restart, plug your phone back in. That usually helps.
- 01-02-2014, 02:18 PM #4
- By shaytoon21 in forum Google Nexus 10 TabletReplies: 16Last Post: 01-06-2014, 12:32 PM
- By bergerdml in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014)Replies: 6Last Post: 01-03-2014, 07:50 AM
- By CannedBullets in forum Motorola Droid MAXXReplies: 2Last Post: 01-01-2014, 08:45 PM
- By luigi1285 in forum VerizonReplies: 4Last Post: 01-01-2014, 12:40 PM
- By shouse3 in forum T-MobileReplies: 3Last Post: 12-31-2013, 07:30 PM