Deleting files from SD card?--AT&T Samsung Galaxy S4

anon(8404556)

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
I have an AT&T Samsung Galaxy S4 and I've been trying to delete all of the downloaded songs on my phone. When ever I restart my phone all the songs would appear again. So I went to "My Files" and found the folders containing the songs I wanted to delete. (My files>all files>sd memory card) When I tried to delete them, it says "Deleting failed" and the files were all still there. What am I doing wrong and how can I delete all the unwanted files from my SD card?

Dave-in-Decatur

Feb 4, 2012
Visit site
I'm really just guessing here, but it sounds like something may have gotten scrambled in the SD card file system. One approach might be to connect the phone to a computer (or just take out the SD card and put it in an SD card reader on a computer), copy everything off of it that you want to save onto the computer, then format the card, and then copy the files you want back onto the card. Don't know if that would work, but it could be worth a try.

Dan Tomlin

Jun 4, 2014
Visit site
Hi all, I just took a picture with the default camera app, could not save to sd card, my files will not let me delete individual files or the folder. Win plugged into the pc windows 7 has read only access, I cannot delete files of copy new files or folders to my sd card and I've formatted it twice. Who deployed this live with this issue acceptable ? I have internal storage only so I may as well bin the sd card 😠

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
one01