Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Clockworkmod on S4 4.3?

    I have the Galaxy S4 quad-core variant on AT&T and running Android 4.3. I installed ROM Manager and from there tried installing Clockworkmod and TWRP (the latter after failure of the former) and the ROM Manager said below my device name "unsupported device". I heard I have to install manually. Is this true or can I not do any of this because I am on Android 4.3? Yes, I am rooted. I really want to flash either Google Play ROM or CyanogenMod, but I can't until I get a custom recovery up and running. Please help.

    Posted via Android Central App
  2. #2  
    UJ95x's Avatar

    Posts
    5,459 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,538 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.2 Build 3

    Default Re: Clockworkmod on S4 4.3?

    There is still no custom recovery for any of the 4.3 S4's
    You're going to have to wait to flash any ROMs, sorry

    Posted via Android Central App
    Everything in this post is 100% accurate...I think

    R.I.P. Motorola...and what could have been the best smartphone line ever
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default Re: Clockworkmod on S4 4.3?

    Quote Originally Posted by UJ95x View Post
    There is still no custom recovery for any of the 4.3 S4's
    You're going to have to wait to flash any ROMs, sorry

    Posted via Android Central App
    Do you know if there is any blog or forum I can follow that will tell me if such a recovery exists?

    Posted via Android Central App
  4. #4  
    UJ95x's Avatar

    Posts
    5,459 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,538 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.2 Build 3

    Default Re: Clockworkmod on S4 4.3?

    Quote Originally Posted by drooskiii View Post
    Do you know if there is any blog or forum I can follow that will tell me if such a recovery exists?

    Posted via Android Central App
    Xda.developers.com

    Posted via Android Central App
    Everything in this post is 100% accurate...I think

    R.I.P. Motorola...and what could have been the best smartphone line ever
  5. #5  

    Default Re: Clockworkmod on S4 4.3?

    You are lucky you didn't brick. Neither of those can be used on our device running 4.3. You can use safestrap, which has a special modified version of twrp built in. Find it on xda and read very carefully

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
  6. #6  
    UJ95x's Avatar

    Posts
    5,459 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,538 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.2 Build 3

    Default Re: Clockworkmod on S4 4.3?

    Quote Originally Posted by electricpete View Post
    You are lucky you didn't brick. Neither of those can be used on our device running 4.3. You can use safestrap, which has a special modified version of twrp built in. Find it on xda and read very carefully

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
    Only way to flash ROMs right now, and they're limited at that...

    Posted via Android Central App
    Everything in this post is 100% accurate...I think

    R.I.P. Motorola...and what could have been the best smartphone line ever

Similar Threads

  1. Facebook app on Galaxy S3
    By macman4 in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2013)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-03-2014, 06:19 AM
  2. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-02-2014, 10:27 PM
  3. Galaxy S4 Drive Link APP Crashing
    By gfogg in forum Samsung Galaxy S4
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-02-2014, 09:00 PM
  4. Galaxy S4 Drive Link APP Crashing
    By gfogg in forum Samsung Galaxy S4
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-02-2014, 08:47 PM
  5. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-02-2014, 06:51 PM

Posting Permissions

B