1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default S4 battery life of 7 hours, charging time for 4-5 hours - !heat!

Hey

I just bought my S4 and i must say im not very happy.
    It heats up, even in my pocket when I havent done ANYTHING with it. Battery drains by 23% (in standby!!!) within an hour on bad days and it takes forever to charge.
    Also the camera seems ****ty (compared to my old S3, which broke) and pixelated.

Could it be a hardware fault, does anybody else have similar feelings about the phone?
    If i just got a bad one (e.g. processor "broken") I think I will exchange it for a new one. If all of you got just used to those problems, I will go for nexus 5 or something.

Thanks for your help

P.S.: how can I customize the bottom row of apps (thats on every page) - i cant seem to just drag my favourite apps there.

Default Re: S4 battery life of 7 hours, charging time for 4-5 hours - !heat!

Battery shouldn't discharge that fast. It should also charge quicker. I would probably take it back to get replaced.

You can change the dock icons in Nova launcher.

Sent from my LG-G2 using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    5,580 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.2 Build 3

Sounds like a defective phone. I'd call it in for a replacement

Posted via Android Central App
    Everything in this post is 100% accurate...I think

R.I.P. Motorola...and what could have been the best smartphone line ever

At the least it sounds like a defective battery, and maybe a defective phone. On my Verizon S4 I can just drag/drop icons to or from the docked app row at the bottom of the screen. There appears to be a limit of 5 icons there, so if you already have that many you may need to drag one out before you can add one. It's difficult to assess whether you have a problem with the camera without seeing a sample shot showing the problem.
    Samsung Galaxy S4 (Verizon - SCH-I545) - Android 4.3