Stop updates to Android OS

RIP_Leroi

Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
I have an S4, and I'm running 4.2.2 right now. Previously when I updated to 4.3 I had TONS of issues, and I now I am back at 4.2.2, but it's constantly popping up telling me I have 15 minutes to close all my apps for a "Samsung Update", which is essentially 4.3 which will mess up everything. How do I turn the auto updates off and just stay at 4.2.2 until they figure out a patch that won't break everything?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I have an S4, and I'm running 4.2.2 right now. Previously when I updated to 4.3 I had TONS of issues, and I now I am back at 4.2.2, but it's constantly popping up telling me I have 15 minutes to close all my apps for a "Samsung Update", which is essentially 4.3 which will mess up everything. How do I turn the auto updates off and just stay at 4.2.2 until they figure out a patch that won't break everything?

I know you get the help box, but do you get a notification as well in your status bar? If so, pull the notification shade down and longpress the update. That should bring up the App Info screen and you can uncheck the notification and disable that app.

- - - Updated - - -

Welcome to the forums, by the way!!! :D

RIP_Leroi

Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
I know you get the help box, but do you get a notification as well in your status bar? If so, pull the notification shade down and longpress the update. That should bring up the App Info screen and you can uncheck the notification and disable that app.

- - - Updated - - -

Welcome to the forums, by the way!!! :D

When I long press the update, the only option I have is to "force close", which I do, but then it starts prompting me again in approximately 30 minutes. Is there a different option I need to select? If so, I don't see an obvious selection in the menu. Thanks for the response.

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
So there is no disable button or show notifications check box?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

RIP_Leroi

Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
I will have to wait for it to come back up, but I remember trying to figure this out with the last prompt and didn't see anything. I will post here when I receive the prompt again.

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Cool. Glad to know you got something to work. See you around the forums!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cyari6908