saving videos & picturea your sd card with Galaxy S4

sjsmith1708

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site
Hi all. I have a galaxy s4 I have found out how to save videos and pictures to sd card great!

However when I go to record it says recording faild? I have over 20gb free on my sd card so in a little confused. If any o e could shed some light on this it would be great.

Posted via Android Central App

Fr0gburp3r

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
Hi all. I have a galaxy s4 I have found out how to save videos and pictures to sd card great!

However when I go to record it says recording faild? I have over 20gb free on my sd card so in a little confused. If any o e could shed some light on this it would be great.

What class is the card? If you record in full HD, you need at least Class 4. Have you tried recording in lower resolution?

sjsmith1708

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site
Hi, thanks for your reply it says on the sd card 10? Not sure what this means

I have just checked and it will let me record now however not sure which is the best option to go for.

Fr0gburp3r

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
Hi, thanks for your reply it says on the sd card 10? Not sure what this means

I have just checked and it will let me record now however not sure which is the best option to go for.

The class of the card indicates the read/write speeds of the card. Class 10 is a very good speed. Which options are you referring too?

sjsmith1708

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site
Hi thanks for your reply,

I took the sd card out today and plugged it to my imac formatted it and now works a treat!

Thanks

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
I recently got the galaxy s4 and I am having problems with the storage of the pictures in my gallery. I want ALL of my pictures to save on my SD card, this was possible with other android phones where there was no such thing as external memory, in fact the phones camera wouldnt even function without an SD. I was able to change the settings on the camera to where pictures I take with the camera will save on my SD card, the problem comes when I take a screenshot, or save a picture from an APP such as facebook messenger or ifunny. Thesse automatically create a new album by the name of the app and save on the external memory. I know you can move pictures afterwards and move them to external memory.... but I want a way in which I can set the default location as mt SD and they will automatically save there withough me having to manually move them. Thank-you

STSVA

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
I recently got the galaxy s4 and I am having problems with the storage of the pictures in my gallery. I want ALL of my pictures to save on my SD card, this was possible with other android phones where there was no such thing as external memory, in fact the phones camera wouldnt even function without an SD. I was able to change the settings on the camera to where pictures I take with the camera will save on my SD card, the problem comes when I take a screenshot, or save a picture from an APP such as facebook messenger or ifunny. Thesse automatically create a new album by the name of the app and save on the external memory. I know you can move pictures afterwards and move them to external memory.... but I want a way in which I can set the default location as mt SD and they will automatically save there withough me having to manually move them. Thank-you

I'd guess that's an app-specific thing. Some apps, like the camera, specifically allow you to set the external SD card as the default file location, others don't. If the app developer hasn't included that functionality in the app, there's no obvious solution except to transfer the file after the fact.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad