Battery problems...

llauren

Aug 31, 2013
Visit site
Hi. Ive had my galaxy for 3 months and always been great, never had a problem. Only the last 2 days the battery isnt holding hardly at all. I usually charge each evening but I charged 100% yesterday evening at 9pm and by midday today its completly dead. In that time ive send a few texts and took a couple of pics. In the battery usage it says the screen/backlight has used most battery but the brightness is set really low. Im wondering if ive changed some setting somewhere?? Any advice would be great please . Thanks

Sent from my GT-I9505 using AC Forums mobile app

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hi. Ive had my galaxy for 3 months and always been great, never had a problem. Only the last 2 days the battery isnt holding hardly at all. I usually charge each evening but I charged 100% yesterday evening at 9pm and by midday today its completly dead. In that time ive send a few texts and took a couple of pics. In the battery usage it says the screen/backlight has used most battery but the brightness is set really low. Im wondering if ive changed some setting somewhere?? Any advice would be great please . Thanks

Let's try clearing the cache in recovery. Just in case there is a data conflict that is causing this to happen. Here is how: http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...ing-into-recovery-mode-galaxy-s2-s3-tab2.html
I know it was intended for the S2 and S3, but this should work for the S4. Follow the procedure for the S3.

llauren

Aug 31, 2013
Visit site
Is this safe? By which I mean will I lose all my things? Sorry not very phone minded!

PattyK65

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site
I too am having trouble charging and holding a charge on my Samsung SIII. I woke up after charging overnight and picked it up and it started beeping like connecting not connecting for charge. Last night I turned it off to charge and it said fully charged this morning yet it almost dead already. I usually can go the whole day without having to charge on at least half a day if I am gaming. There was a recent update, not sure what that was. My contract isn't up til 2015.

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Is this safe? By which I mean will I lose all my things? Sorry not very phone minded!

Nope, it will just clear unneeded system files. Kind of like the disk cleanup for Windows.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I too am having trouble charging and holding a charge on my Samsung SIII. I woke up after charging overnight and picked it up and it started beeping like connecting not connecting for charge. Last night I turned it off to charge and it said fully charged this morning yet it almost dead already. I usually can go the whole day without having to charge on at least half a day if I am gaming. There was a recent update, not sure what that was. My contract isn't up til 2015.

Try the above link for cache clearing the S3.

PattyK65

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site

llauren

Aug 31, 2013
Visit site
Thanks. I have done this now so fingers crossed this may make a difference . The battery has never been brilliant and Im usually glued to my phone. But will go 24 hours at least. Mine also seems to drain over night..not sure how...

llauren

Aug 31, 2013
Visit site
While my phone was charging the battery was red hot. Since clearing the cache and finishing charging the battery is stone cold. So guessing something has made a differens. I now have 100%... hope it lasts at least 24hrs!

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
While my phone was charging the battery was red hot. Since clearing the cache and finishing charging the battery is stone cold. So guessing something has made a differens. I now have 100%... hope it lasts at least 24hrs!

Hope it works. Let me know one way or another.

piselin1

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site
I bought a Note 10.1 September 22, 2013. The first time i went to charge the battery, using the charger provided with the tablet, i noticed a red X over the battery icon, i checked the battery in the sttings menu and it said "discharging". So i powered all the way down and plugged in the charger 48 hours later, it was only charged 85%.

So i called samsung and they said send it in for repair, that was the 1st week of october, i bought it for a business trip, so i didnt have a chance to send it back until december 11th, it was returned to me december 31st (yes, 20 days later), the repair ticket said "software update " well last night 4 days after receiving it, i plugged it in and the same exact situation happened. I called samsung again and they said "it worked fine when we shipped it ", i was on hold for 1.5 hours and the service rep was very rude. So i have to send it back again tomorrow, i asked how manytimes do i need to return it before you replace it and her response "as long as we can fix it we wont replace it" i asked "how many times do i have to send it in before you decide to replace it", "maybe never, if we can fix it". I am so tired of this treatment from manufacturers, it sounds like this is a "known issue" for a least a year and still samsung doesn't fix or replace. Has anyone considered a class action lawsuit, this behavior is illegal and will continue for as long as we allow corporations to abuse consumers.

I don't know about you all, but i bought a tablet for a reason and $400 is not small change for a struggling non-profit like us. So far i have owned it 3 months & 1 week and i've been able to use it for 2 weeks, 1 week when i got it and 1 week when it was returned after repaired.

Posted via Android Central App