Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Weird unusable shortcut for Kies Air??

Hey all,

I have googled my problem but couldn't find any solution so far for this. I have installed the Kies Air app on my S4 and the Wifi sync is working flawlessly with my PC. However, when I agree to a prompt asking to put a Kies Air shortcut to my PC desktop, a blank icon called "sd" downloads and appears on my desktop. Double clicking the shortcut asks me to decide which program I want to open the file with. I don't have any idea what program to choose for it. I'm using IE 10 on Windows 8 Pro 64bit.

Weird unusable shortcut for Kies Air??-blank-icon.jpg

Anyone knows a solution for this?

Global Posts
    198 Global Posts

Default Re: Weird unusable shortcut for Kies Air??

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyGui View Post
    Hey all,

I have googled my problem but couldn't find any solution so far for this. I have installed the Kies Air app on my S4 and the Wifi sync is working flawlessly with my PC. However, when I agree to a prompt asking to put a Kies Air shortcut to my PC desktop, a blank icon called "sd" downloads and appears on my desktop. Double clicking the shortcut asks me to decide which program I want to open the file with. I don't have any idea what program to choose for it. I'm using IE 10 on Windows 8 Pro 64bit.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Blank icon.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	2.8 KB 
ID:	99824

Anyone knows a solution for this?
    Open kies on your PC and allow Kies Air from the menu.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Do you mean the Kies application for the PC itself? I don't have that. The reason I use Kies Air is because you don't need to have any software installed on you PC to use it. So what you're saying is that you'll need to have Kies for PC to be able to put a shortcut for Kies Air? It's kinda weird since Kies Air asks me to put a shortcut even if there's no Kies software installed on my PC.

No software. Open browser and go to 192.168.2.10:8080