1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default play store shortcuts

I was playing around in settings on Nova, ran across this setting telling me it's recommended to disable play store auto-add widgets settings. It made me think every time I've dl something from the store, it always tells me it's created a shortcut and I can't find it, could it be putting shortcuts on the original launcher maybe somewhere, if so how can I get to them, thanks for any help.

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: play store shortcuts

If that setting has always been unchecked, then you don't have to worry about it. If the setting has been checked on, then you could always go back temporarily to the stock Launcher and see what's on the homescreens there. But if you primarily use Nova, there's really no need--if there were some extra icons being added to your stock Launcher database, I doubt that it's taking up any significant memory, or slowing the system down.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Nova is all i have been using, I like it a lot. So for the future how do I go back stock launcher, and would i still be able to go back and use Nova?

Global Posts
    5,573 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.2 Build 3

Quote Originally Posted by Weld guy View Post
    Nova is all i have been using, I like it a lot. So for the future how do I go back stock launcher, and would i still be able to go back and use Nova?

Go to settings > apps > reset app preferences to get the option to go back to the default launcher.

Everything in this post is 100% accurate...I think

R.I.P. Motorola...and what could have been the best smartphone line ever

On KitKat, there's a new system setting which allows you to choose launchers. On previous Android versions, go to Settings>Apps (or the App Manager for Samsung), select Nova Launcher, and Clear Defaults. The next time you press Home, it'll ask you which launcher you want to use.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Thanks for the help!

Last edited by Weld guy; 01-08-2014 at 04:22 AM.