Left bar of icon shortcuts missing, help pls

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
Phone is new... There was an arrow on the left side of the screen and when I touched it a long vertical bar appeared with icon shortcuts to various things like Internet, mail, etc. I must have done something because now it's gone and I don't know how to get it back! Pls help! Ty

aseke

Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
Dear
There are three button on Display. Home, Back, setting button. Long press the back button. It will show also hide the Bar.

Dave-in-Decatur

Feb 4, 2012
Visit site
This is the Multi Window menu. There are two steps to reactivate it: (1) Pull down the Notification screen, tap the grid icon in the upper right-hand corner, and look for the Multi Window button. Be sure that it is activated. (2) Press and hold the Back button. This will bring out the left-side menu. A simple press of Back will reduce this menu to the small arrow; another long-press of Back will cause the arrow to disappear.

These icons are for apps that are capable of being used in Multi Window mode. For instance, you could have Internet and Maps open at the same time to read information about a store or restaurant online while also locating it on the map.