- 1 Posts
Left bar of icon shortcuts missing, help pls
Phone is new... There was an arrow on the left side of the screen and when I touched it a long vertical bar appeared with icon shortcuts to various things like Internet, mail, etc. I must have done something because now it's gone and I don't know how to get it back! Pls help! Ty
- 01-06-2014, 01:08 AM #2
- 01-06-2014, 12:34 PM #3
Re: Left bar of icon shortcuts missing, help pls
This is the Multi Window menu. There are two steps to reactivate it: (1) Pull down the Notification screen, tap the grid icon in the upper right-hand corner, and look for the Multi Window button. Be sure that it is activated. (2) Press and hold the Back button. This will bring out the left-side menu. A simple press of Back will reduce this menu to the small arrow; another long-press of Back will cause the arrow to disappear.
These icons are for apps that are capable of being used in Multi Window mode. For instance, you could have Internet and Maps open at the same time to read information about a store or restaurant online while also locating it on the map.
- By Charlie Barton in forum T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 66Last Post: 02-02-2015, 09:32 PM
- By Cheyondra Weston in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 18Last Post: 01-08-2014, 03:01 AM
- By dranoel76 in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 5Last Post: 01-06-2014, 10:47 PM
- By bettycad in forum Samsung Galaxy S4 MiniReplies: 1Last Post: 01-06-2014, 04:12 AM
- By Rodney007 in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 2Last Post: 01-05-2014, 07:58 PM