- 2 Posts
Replacement phone from AT&T
My screen and digitizer completely failed and wouldn't respond. I took it to the Att service center and they looked at it and could not find any physical damage so they gave me a replacement. I had no way to get my data off the phone without the screen working because of the screen lock. Tried kies and the adb but no luck.
The person helping me ran some utility while it was hooked to a computer and he said it cleared my phone.
My main concern is do I need to do anything to prevent any data being taken like change my Gmail password or should I be Worried? How secure is the screen lock? What will happen to my original phone will it be repaired and given to someone else?
Thanks for the help
- 01-06-2014, 07:18 AM #2
Re: Replacement phone from AT&T
I can't answer all of your questions and I'm sorry for all the hassle but I think you're probably safe. However, it couldn't hurt to change your Google password just to be safe. If they can repair your phone it may be wiped and then refurbished...and dispensed as such.
- 01-06-2014, 07:21 PM #4
- By Brandon Shea in forum LG G2Replies: 21Last Post: 08-16-2014, 08:48 AM
- By dranet in forum Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1Replies: 3Last Post: 02-09-2014, 11:53 AM
- By tony_lminds in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 4Last Post: 01-07-2014, 09:01 AM
- By marki86 in forum General News & DiscussionReplies: 9Last Post: 01-07-2014, 12:34 AM
- By CillaC in forum Other TabletsReplies: 0Last Post: 01-06-2014, 12:46 AM