Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By srkmagnus
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Annoyance with setting alarms

Minor issue and I'm sure somebody has found a decent work around.

I have pretty much stopped using my alarm clock and on the days that I actually need to wake up by alarm, I use my S4. I just open google now and say "set alarm 7:00 AM" or whatever.

The main beef I have is that the phone stores an alarm each time use it. So, every few weeks, I have to open alarm app (the same problem exists with all clock apps - samsung's, timely, or alarm clock extreme) and delete the alarms. When I open it, I find like eight instances of 7:00 AM stored.

I understand that the software is trying to anticipate me needing to wake up at a similar time on repeated occasions, but then I would need to actually open the clock app, and choose the existing alarm, instead of using google now,

Global Posts
    9,094 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Default Re: Annoyance with setting alarms

Quote Originally Posted by Kilgore Trout View Post
    Minor issue and I'm sure somebody has found a decent work around.

I have pretty much stopped using my alarm clock and on the days that I actually need to wake up by alarm, I use my S4. I just open google now and say "set alarm 7:00 AM" or whatever.

The main beef I have is that the phone stores an alarm each time use it. So, every few weeks, I have to open alarm app (the same problem exists with all clock apps - samsung's, timely, or alarm clock extreme) and delete the alarms. When I open it, I find like eight instances of 7:00 AM stored.

I understand that the software is trying to anticipate me needing to wake up at a similar time on repeated occasions, but then I would need to actually open the clock app, and choose the existing alarm, instead of using google now,
    When you are setting alarms through Google Now it's creating new events for that day and time. Aside from going through and deleting this, I'm not sure what you can do to prevent it. Possibly select "one-time" only instead of re-occurring, or set a "reminder" with Google Now instead of an Alarm.
    Thanked by:
    Kilgore Trout likes this.

Yes

Sent from my Xolo_X900 using AC Forums mobile app
    Thanked by:
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Dude! You rock. You just solved the problem.

Thanks!