Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By Golfdriver97
  • 2 Post By ffejjj
  • 1 Post By UJ95x
  • 2 Post By An613
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default S4 wont charge on ac plug only on pc :/

I have an unrooted s4 w/version 4.3 &w/at&t that has been having issues with the usb port. It started with random times it would show dock was connected when I didnt even have it connected to anything but the wall charger would still work fine with it during that time. I used an older samsung charger for a few days because I left the factory usb cord in my car and it eventually didnt work on the older charger. I connected the factory charger and usb back to it when it didnt have much battery left and I continued to use my phone but it died while charging. Then it started to vibrate every few seconds while it was connected and still off. when i took it off it stopped vibrating but i tried connecting it to other chargers in the house and it would again vibrate every few seconds. when i connected the usb to my pc it will charge but my pc wont recognize it. I've tried toggling into developer mode and taking off the usb debugging but that didnt help solve anything with the pc stuff. When i got some battery life back on my phone to try it back on the ac plug, the charger wouldnt recognize anything was connected. I havent done a factory reset because I know that wont solve my problem and it's why I havent called customer support. Any ideas? Please help

Global Posts
    13,777 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

Default Re: S4 wont charge on ac plug only on pc :/

Quote Originally Posted by An613 View Post
    I have an unrooted s4 w/version 4.3 &w/at&t that has been having issues with the usb port. It started with random times it would show dock was connected when I didnt even have it connected to anything but the wall charger would still work fine with it during that time. I used an older samsung charger for a few days because I left the factory usb cord in my car and it eventually didnt work on the older charger. I connected the factory charger and usb back to it when it didnt have much battery left and I continued to use my phone but it died while charging. Then it started to vibrate every few seconds while it was connected and still off. when i took it off it stopped vibrating but i tried connecting it to other chargers in the house and it would again vibrate every few seconds. when i connected the usb to my pc it will charge but my pc wont recognize it. I've tried toggling into developer mode and taking off the usb debugging but that didnt help solve anything with the pc stuff. When i got some battery life back on my phone to try it back on the ac plug, the charger wouldnt recognize anything was connected. I havent done a factory reset because I know that wont solve my problem and it's why I havent called customer support. Any ideas? Please help
    I think this may be a hardware problem, as other chargers aren't helping the issue.
    But, gonna give it the old college try: have you cleared cache in recovery?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu
    Community Guidelines and also here
    An613 likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

My phone wont even go to recovery mode. It will show the blue little writing saying recovery booting but wont make it past that. It just turns back on

Global Posts
    5,528 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.2 Build 3

My phone wont even go to recovery mode. It will show the blue little writing saying recovery booting but wont make it past that. It just turns back on
    Does download mode work?

Posted via Android Central App
    Everything in this post is 100% accurate...I think

R.I.P. Motorola...and what could have been the best smartphone line ever
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

yes, it went to the downloading do not turn off target screen...looks like its just staying there

Exact same issue my friend has on his S4. He had to get it replaced with the factory warranty. Was free though

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app
    Owner of a replacement Htc One... Till something better comes along
    Ambassador
    Golfdriver97 and An613 like this.

Global Posts
    5,528 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.2 Build 3

yes, it went to the downloading do not turn off target screen...looks like its just staying there
    Flash a stock firmware with Odin. Only thing I can think of since recovery doesn't work

Golfdriver97 likes this.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Decided to call AT&T a while ago and it's luckily still under warranty and don't have to pay. Guess that will be the end of this possessed phone
    ffejjj and Golfdriver97 like this.

Decided to call AT&T a while ago and it's luckily still under warranty and don't have to pay. Guess that will be the end of this possessed phone
    I think you made the right decision. Better to get it replaced while your warranty is good.

Glad it worked out for you too

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app
    Owner of a replacement Htc One... Till something better comes along
    Ambassador
    Thanked by:
    An613 

Global Posts
    5,528 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.2 Build 3

Well that's good. Better than going through the trouble yourself

Thanked by:
    An613 

Global Posts
    13,777 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

Awesome. Like the others said, glad it is working out. Let us know how it goes.

From a Sprint Moto X using AC Forums app

Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3

Global Posts
    13,777 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

By the way; Welcome to the forums!