- 40 Posts
Charging question with Galaxy S4
Do you charge your phone all night or when you see that it's full do you take it off the charger? If I take it off and put It in airplane mode I wake up and I lose about 8 percent battery. Coming from am iPhone I didn't need to put in airplane mode And wake up to still 100 percent battery.
Posted via Android Central App
- 01-07-2014, 07:08 AM #2
Re: charging question
I charge all night, and in between if I need to (and am near a plug in). Blame it on OCD, but I don't like letting my battery drop below 50%, and if I hit 20% I start to get pretty anxious. There is no real harm in charging all night as the built-in charging circuitry will prevent overcharging. An over-heated battery is far worse. If it's convenient, charge your phone naked (no case).
I used to keep my Galaxy Nexus in it's case (CaseMate tough case) with a 2amp charger. I'd regularly get hot battery warnings (using GSAM Battery Monitor). I started removing the case when charging overnight, and that helped. Switching back to the 1amp charger also made a huge difference.A Unicorn showed me the way.....
- By Steffen Inderberg in forum Samsung Galaxy GearReplies: 8Last Post: 02-16-2014, 08:00 PM
- By nenon in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 2Last Post: 01-12-2014, 03:55 PM
- By brymanda in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014)Replies: 1Last Post: 01-12-2014, 02:46 PM
- By CRdownload in forum HTC OneReplies: 10Last Post: 01-08-2014, 12:35 PM
- By kashish jain1 in forum Samsung Galaxy S4 MiniReplies: 1Last Post: 01-07-2014, 08:27 AM