Alarm clock icon won't leave status bar [Solved]

Faloogs

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Hi all, having a strange issue; the alarm clock icon will not disappear from the status bar... I was testing out one or two other alarm apps as well as the stock alarm app for Verizon s4. I've uninstalled both of those alarm apps as well as force stopped the stock app and restarted the phone 2 or 3 times and it still won't go away. I've also used the master cleaner app to get rid of all residual cache files.. Any other ideas?

Posted via Android Central App on my awesome Samsung Galaxy s4

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Are you sure you don't have any alarms set up? Force Closing the app, I believe, does not clear alarms set (for obvious reasons), and restarting the phone, obviously, doesn't clear them either. It could be an alarm set by Google Now or an event in your calendar.

Faloogs

May 21, 2012
Visit site
No alarms set in either Google now or the calendar..

Faloogs

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Thanks, figured it out. It was an alarm set when I was messing around. I initially couldn't find the widget but once I did.. There it was.

DanForsley

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
I have this same problem. The original poster says he found the widget that caused it but doesn't tell us which widget it was. Please tell me.

DanForsley

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
Thanks to you Faloogs I started searching around my apps content and after going through every damn one of them I finally found that I had toggled on an "alarm" in Pandora! How and why I'll never know. But I finally got that alarm icon to disappear from my status bar. Thanks to you!
Dan

peteygrizz

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Thanks to you Faloogs I started searching around my apps content and after going through every damn one of them I finally found that I had toggled on an "alarm" in Pandora! How and why I'll never know. But I finally got that alarm icon to disappear from my status bar. Thanks to you!
Dan

Old thread is old, but this actually helped me solve the same annoying problem. The alarm icon would randomly flash on and off and sometimes be there for days and then disappear. Turns out it was Pandora, which I rarely use anymore so I uninstalled; problem solved.

ThePoppie225

May 6, 2016
Visit site
Old thread is old, but this actually helped me solve the same annoying problem. The alarm icon would randomly flash on and off and sometimes be there for days and then disappear. Turns out it was Pandora, which I rarely use anymore so I uninstalled; problem solved.

This helped me solve the same problem. I Uninstalled Pandora, and the alarm icon disappeared. Thanks for keeping old threads available for review. Update: The icon reappeared after reinstalling Pandora.

Last edited:

AzeliaT

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
I have the same problem but I dot have that Pandora on my phone. This is getting annoying can anyone els figure this out.
I had the same problem and I don't have Pandora either. I got mine to go away by removing the clock off of one of my home screens. I hope this works for you too

Kevin Rietveld

Jun 18, 2016
Visit site
Hi all, having a strange issue; the alarm clock icon will not disappear from the status bar... I was testing out one or two other alarm apps as well as the stock alarm app for Verizon s4. I've uninstalled both of those alarm apps as well as force stopped the stock app and restarted the phone 2 or 3 times and it still won't go away. I've also used the master cleaner app to get rid of all residual cache files.. Any other ideas?

If you have recordings scheduled in Tune in radio ai noticed the clock will apear.

Schnitzelman

Aug 16, 2016
Visit site
Hi All, I think I may have a solution (at least it worked for me, am on S7 Edge though, and this has been bugging me for ages).
- I had the standard 'Alarm' widget on my homescreen. When I would click in to edit it, it would only show me one alarm. When I turned that alarm off, the Alarm icon was still showing in the task bar. And even worse, randomly the alarm would go off at 6am some mornings. I checked all possible programs and stopped pretty much every service imaginable in Developer Mode. To no avail.

However, this did work for me:
- I turned off my alarm in the existing widget on my home screen.
- I created a new, second, Alarm widget somewhere else on my home screens. By default it did not have any alarm on (but the task bar icon still was showing at the top that alarm was set).
- I opened the new alarm, and presto magic, it showed me that I have two alarms available to edit. The one 'real' alarm that I wanted (but is turned off), and the hidden/annoying one with no name which is randomly set for 6am.
- Simply clicked the X to delete the 6am one, and the icon in the task bar disappeared.
- Deleted the second Alarm Widget from my home screen... and life is back to normal!

I would consider this a bit of a bug since the original Alarm widget is not showing all the alarm options, but by adding a new/second widget, it seems to load all the alarms and display properly, allowing you to kill the unwanted alarms.

Hope that works for someone else out there.

Tungetango

Aug 16, 2016
Visit site
Hi All, I think I may have a solution (at least it worked for me, am on S7 Edge though, and this has been bugging me for ages).
- I had the standard 'Alarm' widget on my homescreen. When I would click in to edit it, it would only show me one alarm. When I turned that alarm off, the Alarm icon was still showing in the task bar. And even worse, randomly the alarm would go off at 6am some mornings. I checked all possible programs and stopped pretty much every service imaginable in Developer Mode. To no avail.

- I created a new, second, Alarm widget somewhere else on my home screens. By default it did not have any alarm on (but the task bar icon still was showing at the top that alarm was set).
- I opened the new alarm, and presto magic, it showed me that I have two alarms available to edit. The one 'real' alarm that I wanted (but is turned off), and the hidden/annoying one with no name which is randomly set for 6am.
- Simply clicked the X to delete the 6am one, and the icon in the task bar disappeared.
- Deleted the second Alarm Widget from my home screen... and life is back to normal!

I would consider this a bit of a bug since the original Alarm widget is not showing all the alarm options, but by adding a new/second widget, it seems to load all the alarms and display properly, allowing you to kill the unwanted alarms.

Thank you!! Finally I got rid of the 5.57am alarm. Truly a strange bug.
Cheers!

GeekNews

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
This one has bugged me to no avail. I tried everything and could not get it to go away. Ended up being a left over alarm in my Linquet app. Finally, narrowed it down to that, as it was the last app I added before the icon showed up. Even though I disabled all alerts and the smart home controls it still shows the alarm. Wish Android had a better way of showing you which app was using the alarm cause man that was getting annoying!

Jackieblue87

Oct 20, 2016
Visit site

I tried that. I still have the icon. I'm at a loss as to what this alarm could be. I check Pandora. The alarm isn't on. I even tried uninstalling. It was still there. Cleared cache on all apps. Still there. I guess I'll have to wait and see if an alarm actually goes off.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz