Alarm clock icon won't leave status bar [Solved]

AD3D

Oct 24, 2016
Visit site
Had the same problem with the icon in the top.
Opening the widget (alarm) and tried to enable the alarm was not possible.
I want no alarm but by pushing on save the alarm the widget set automatically the alarm back on.
But...
What worked for me is the next thing.
Set an alarm (it's now 14:00 so alarm set on 14:01) and wait a minute.
When the alarm pops up, I was able to enable the alarm and the icon was gone.
Weird but it worked.

rahmado

Jun 6, 2017
Visit site
Hi All,

I'm using A5 and the way I got around this is:

1. Check which apps has been updated recently
- go to Google Playstore
- check in MyApps and Games
2. Open the suspected apps and go to settings. Untick "alarm notification" box

This should help. Have a good day!

sethron

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
So, there was a widget that somehow set an alarm (Gadgetbridge). To remove the notification, I went to time settings, unchecked network time, set the time manually to the future after the alarm, then enabled network time. Notifications are gone from status bar and lock screen.

shay96

Feb 23, 2018
Visit site
HI, i've had the same issue but I SOLVED IT!

For me it was the prayer app simply so read step 2 carefully to see if you have the same type of apps installed:

1. Go to the clock app and make sure you don't have any alarm on.

2. See if you have any installed app that has an alarm in it, such as (prayer app, fitness or dietary app...etc.) any app that has ((scheduled alarm or alarms)) will cause the alarm icon to stuck on your status bar, it's not just for the clock it's for any app containing alarms. hope that would help.

waqqas31

Nov 4, 2014
Visit site
For me, the app that was causing the static alarm icon was "Muslim Pro".

I killed the app and the icon disappeared. Reloading the app, naturally, caused the icon to reappear.

Removing all the prayer alarms, then killing the app, then relaunching it, did NOT result in the icon reappearing.

However, I went into the App Info screen and changed the "Apps that can change system settings" to "On" and then when I re-enabled the prayer alarms, the icon has NOT yet re-appeared (fingers crossed.)

Hope this helps someone else, too.

waqqas31

Nov 4, 2014
Visit site

I killed the app and the icon disappeared. Reloading the app, naturally, caused the icon to reappear.

Removing all the prayer alarms, then killing the app, then relaunching it, did NOT result in the icon reappearing.

However, I went into the App Info screen and changed the "Apps that can change system settings" to "On" and then when I re-enabled the prayer alarms, the icon has NOT yet re-appeared (fingers crossed.)

Just an update: the alarm icon returned, so that last "Apps that can change system settings" change didn't work. I have contacted the developer, however.

Fatin Anis Natasya

Apr 25, 2018
Visit site
Thank you so much waqqas31. This really help me out to solve this prob. It's have been a few days. I just decided to reset my phone before I read your solution. Really appreciate it ❤❤❤

shalakalakabum

Sep 7, 2018
Visit site

if u have this app, its true. even if u turn off all ur prayer alarms it doesnt make it disappeared. but u can go to setting > Prayers times & adhans > Adhan notifications > then turn of the "Force Adhan Notification".

Try it, bcs mine is disappeared. I hope it can help.

Majd4444

Jan 14, 2019
Visit site

Worked for me too, the SALATUK prayer app. JazakAllah khayr

landosan

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
One more app that is responsible for this clock icon: Calendar Notifications, which, in its Settings / Misc Settings / Use setAlarmClock for reminders warns that using the option results in the "side effect" of the "alarm" icon (the clock).

Steve In England

Jul 17, 2019
Visit site
For me, it was Super Fast Charger which I installed and then uninstalled, after which the alarm symbol just appeared.

Go into Settings, App info, look for an app which has Disabled next to it and remove the app.

Steve in England.

tink5213

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
Same goes for the sleep timer on TuneIn.

Same goes for the Alexa app. I never had Pandora installed, but had used other alarm apps in the play store. However, those have been uninstalled for a while now. I decided to check my Alexa app under Alarms and Reminders, sure enough, pausing the two daily alarms I had set removed the clock icon. Nice to know it's not a glitch with the stock alarm clock. I was going crazy until I found this thread. LOL! Thank you! 🙂 Hopefully this helps others... Check your smart speaker app for any alarms or reminders!