Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Galaxy S4: I want to install 4.2.2 the orginal firmware and remove the 4.4.2 cyanogenmode

can anyone tell me the process how to install 4.2 jellybean. i have recently installed cyanogenmode kitkat 4.4.2. how can i remove and install 4.2.2 or 4.3 jelly bean
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 01-21-2014 at 03:46 AM.

Default Re: I want to install 4.2.2 the orginal firmware and remove the 4.4.2 cyanogenmode

Quote Originally Posted by Chimi Rinzin View Post
    can anyone tell me the process how to install 4.2 jellybean. i have recently installed cyanogenmode kitkat 4.4.2. how can i remove and install 4.2.2 or 4.3 jelly bean
    Go on Google and type Google factory images and it will take you to a page with links of OS's just pick the os that goes on your phone and you can rather flash it using adb commands or use a app like flashify from the playstore .. Hope this helps

sent from my Nexus 7 using tapatalk pro..

Global Posts
    198 Global Posts

Default Re: I want to install 4.2.2 the orginal firmware and remove the 4.4.2 cyanogenmode

Get the desired stock ROM from sammobile.com and use Odin 3.0.9. Also don't forget to hard reset before and after flashing.

Global Posts
    198 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by xceeder View Post
    Go on Google and type Google factory images and it will take you to a page with links of OS's just pick the os that goes on your phone and you can rather flash it using adb commands or use a app like flashify from the playstore .. Hope this helps

No point for him to follow your tip. He has standard S4 not the GPE.

Quote Originally Posted by aspot72 View Post
    No point for him to follow your tip. He has standard S4 not the GPE.
    Oh I see no probs...

6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

hello, and thanks. I am using Samsung Glaxay S4 GT-I9500. Recently i have upgraded it to Kitkat Cyn 4.4.2. I am having problem with warning pop insert sim. therefore how do i fix the problem. if not how do i switch back to 4.3

Unless there is another way to do this you'll also need Triangle Away to reset for flash counter or the stock ROM will show "Custom" under Status and future OTA updates won't work.

Global Posts
    198 Global Posts

hello, and thanks. I am using Samsung Glaxay S4 GT-I9500. Recently i have upgraded it to Kitkat Cyn 4.4.2. I am having problem with warning pop insert sim. therefore how do i fix the problem. if not how do i switch back to 4.3
    get 4.3 ROM from Sammobile.com and flash it using Odin 3.0.7. Then you have to root it and use Triangle Away to reset flash counter (see post by peejay1977 with explanation) and then just reflash stock ROM again.

Do hard reset before and after flashing to avoid issues.
    Don't restore from backup to avoid issues.
    Current Devices : Motorola G 16GB
    Past devices :Sony Xperia SP C5303 LTE,S3 GT-I9305,S4 mini GT-I9195, N7100,HTC One (M7),Galaxy S3, HTC One S, HTC One X (S720e), Nexus Prime - HTC Pyramid - Nexus S - Samsung Galaxy S II - HTC Desire S - HTC Desire HD - HTC Desire Z - HTC HD2 - HTC Topaz - HTC Touch HD - HTC Touch Pro - HTC Diamond.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

i am using GT-i9500. recently updated and rooted to CM11 4.4.2 how to i remove and reinstall 4.2.2

Global Posts
    198 Global Posts

Angry Re: I want to install 4.2.2 the orginal firmware and remove the 4.4.2 cyanogenmode

i am using GT-i9500. recently updated and rooted to CM11 4.4.2 how to i remove and reinstall 4.2.2
    Did you read this thread??!
    Post #8 is your solution.
    Current Devices : Motorola G 16GB
    Past devices :Sony Xperia SP C5303 LTE,S3 GT-I9305,S4 mini GT-I9195, N7100,HTC One (M7),Galaxy S3, HTC One S, HTC One X (S720e), Nexus Prime - HTC Pyramid - Nexus S - Samsung Galaxy S II - HTC Desire S - HTC Desire HD - HTC Desire Z - HTC HD2 - HTC Topaz - HTC Touch HD - HTC Touch Pro - HTC Diamond.