1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Water damage indicator

Hi all, I purchased a supposedly brand new S4 (no contract) in December from my regular Kiosk in a mall (purchased over 20 devices from them never had problems) today I had to change my sim card and I noticed the sticker under the battery was missing like it was never there at all. When I first got the phone the 4 pieces of plastic that surrounds it 1 of them was missing but I didn't bother about it too much, but the absence of the water damage indicator bothers me because the phone never fell never got wet or had any damage well at least with me. It is made in Korea, any advice as to what I should do? Is it common for some devices not to have the water damage indicator? On the box next to GT-I9500 has UD does it mean anything in particular? Is it refurbished? TIA
    GS2 White, GS2 Black
    GS3 White x2, GS3 Grey,GS3 Black
    GNote 2 Grey,GNote 2 White
    GS4 White x2
    GS4 Black x2
    GNote 3 Grey (I'll miss ya)

SAMSUNG GALAXY S4 WHITE

Global Posts
    1,467 Global Posts
    ROM
    HTC One stock

Default Re: Water damage indicator

Quote Originally Posted by 3neekimmy View Post
    Hi all, I purchased a supposedly brand new S4 (no contract) in December from my regular Kiosk in a mall (purchased over 20 devices from them never had problems) today I had to change my sim card and I noticed the sticker under the battery was missing like it was never there at all. When I first got the phone the 4 pieces of plastic that surrounds it 1 of them was missing but I didn't bother about it too much, but the absence of the water damage indicator bothers me because the phone never fell never got wet or had any damage well at least with me. It is made in Korea, any advice as to what I should do? Is it common for some devices not to have the water damage indicator? On the box next to GT-I9500 has UD does it mean anything in particular? Is it refurbished? TIA
    When I was in the cell business there were multiple on the phones, On some of my old black berries i dont remember seeing any by the battery and an old moto flip phone i got rid of had one but it was under the micro sd card slot. And if you have not gotten it wet i would not worry about it. But if it had gotten wet and then you removed the sticker there would still be a pinkish residue that would be left behind
    Blackberry Curve 8330 - Blackberry Storm 2 9550 - iPod Touch 4th gen - Apple Iphone 4 - Motorola Droid RAZR MAXX HD Motorola RAZR HD (wife) - HTC One
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Water damage indicator

Quote Originally Posted by joe_fresh View Post
    When I was in the cell business there were multiple on the phones, On some of my old black berries i dont remember seeing any by the battery and an old moto flip phone i got rid of had one but it was under the micro sd card slot. And if you have not gotten it wet i would not worry about it. But if it had gotten wet and then you removed the sticker there would still be a pinkish residue that would be left behind
    There isn't any on the phone; none on the bottom of the battery, none just above the sdcard slot and well none behind the battery

I checked this video and all the stickers he mentioned barring the ones you find when you open it because I am not opening the phone all are missing
    GS2 White, GS2 Black
    GS3 White x2, GS3 Grey,GS3 Black
    GNote 2 Grey,GNote 2 White
    GS4 White x2
    GS4 Black x2
    GNote 3 Grey (I'll miss ya)

SAMSUNG GALAXY S4 WHITE